Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Executive Order: Gun Control

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:53 PM
  • 234 Replies

Should gun control be subject to Executive Orders instead of going through Congress?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-obama-might-use-executive-order-deal-guns_694984.html

"The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executive orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."

Biden said that this is a moral issue and that "it's critically important that we act."

Biden talked also about taking responsible action. "As the president said, if your actions result in only saving one life, they're worth taking. But I'm convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of Americans and take thousands of people out of harm's way if we act responsibly."

Biden, as he himself noted, helped write the Brady bill.

Eric Holder was scheduled to be at the meeting that's currently taking place at the White House. 

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM
5 moms liked this

I agree with the notion the congress can't find their asses with both hands. I agree with a guy on some news report "you do not need a assault rifle to shoot deer". I think those weapons need to stay AT a gun range no way you can have it any other place.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:03 AM

But do you think these rules should be made by executive order or by congressional vote?

Quoting glitterteaz:

I agree with the notion the congress can't find their asses with both hands. I agree with a guy on some news report "you do not need a assault rifle to shoot deer". I think those weapons need to stay AT a gun range no way you can have it any other place.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this
All the anti gun morons are doing is causing gun owners to run out and buy as many firearms and high capacity clips they can get their hands on...now thanks to all of this hoopla there are more guns out there than ever. Many manufacturersc custom builders are reporting through the roof sells and insane waiting lists. The custom builder I go through to
Get most of my AKs, has a 14 month waiting list now before they can even start on your customization, before all of this they would start on your order as soon as you cleared a background check. Good job anti gun nuts!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:17 AM
3 moms liked this

There needs to be some kind of control and limits on the types of guns that are allowed and strict background checks so the nuts who think they NEED their guns ( in a desperate nutty kind of way) will be detected and prevented from going postal in the future. There are too many scared paranoid yahoos out there, just itching to shoot someone.It doesn't matter to me who writes it or signs it but somebody has to have the guts and the principles to do something.

I am tired of hearing about this and tired of allowing the people to walk the streets free who probably need to be in a psychiatric hospital instead of stockpiling weapons and ammo.

The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
Dr. Seuss

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

If we had a decent congress sure let it go to them. We have on our hands a do nothing asshole congress. Fuck em take it to the executive order!

Quoting Woodbabe:

But do you think these rules should be made by executive order or by congressional vote?

Quoting glitterteaz:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM

that is a very small amount oof people the majority want gun control over assault rifles and the a like. Maybe you should pay attention instead of like your gun nut moron buddies going out buying a lot of shit they do not need nor will they ever need.

Quoting Paperfishies:

All the anti gun morons are doing is causing gun owners to run out and buy as many firearms and high capacity clips they can get their hands on...now thanks to all of this hoopla there are more guns out there than ever. Many manufacturersc custom builders are reporting through the roof sells and insane waiting lists. The custom builder I go through to
Get most of my AKs, has a 14 month waiting list now before they can even start on your customization, before all of this they would start on your order as soon as you cleared a background check. Good job anti gun nuts!!!

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:33 AM
4 moms liked this
No one needs alcohol, yet drunk drivers kill hundreds if not thousands of people every year. Lets make alcohol illegal.

I own several AK-47s, all legally. Do I "need" them? Nope but I'm also responsible, took all the proper classes, keep all of my firearms in gun safes. Responsible gun owners should be able to own the firearms they wish to own.

Quoting glitterteaz:

that is a very small amount oof people the majority want gun control over assault rifles and the a like. Maybe you should pay attention instead of like your gun nut moron buddies going out buying a lot of shit they do not need nor will they ever need.

Quoting Paperfishies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Tess on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:34 AM
3 moms liked this
Omfg... if he uses an executive order on the gun laws, I'm going to lose it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I agree with executive orders if they help the masses....I dont for one.

As for any legislative law...they can ALWAYS be revoked.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting little.worthen:

Omfg... if he uses an executive order on the gun laws, I'm going to lose it.

and then do what?  Will you take your gun out and shoot politicians...police?  What...what will you do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN