Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

transgender - what's your opinion? (*EDIT IN BLUE*)

Posted by   + Show Post

this has nothing to do with me or my family personally but my husband and i just got into a huge fight over it. i accept everyone for who they are and what decisions they decide to make with their life and/or body. i don't believe anyone has the right to tell someone they can or can't do something to THEIR body. my husband is the complete opposite, he said people who are transgender are unnatural and wrong. he believes they should make it illegal to have a sex change. he even went as far as saying that if our daughter decided she wasn't happy as a girl and wanted to be a boy that he would disown her and walk out of her life. when i told him i would stick beside her and support her he told me "well then we would be over." my response: "fine, but i refuse to walk away from my child." he said I'M close minded and stupid for thinking that transgender people are ok but i personally think HE is the one that is close minded. anyway, my point to this post is to get everyone else's opinion on the subject.

so, what is your opinion?

*EDIT- i decided to change the subject title because i realized after several responses i did phrase it incorrectly, it's not an issue that you can be "for or against". so let me just simply ask, what is your opinion on the subject?*

please don't bash anyone else for their opinions, it is THEIR opinion.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Replies (161-167):
LilyofPhilly
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
You seriously think people choose to bring ridicule on themselves? Yeah 'nuff said. You choose to believe what you want no matter if it makes any sense at all.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

OK, let's back up a d try to be clear on this. What do you believe transgenderism is, Poodles? How would you explain this too your children? Is it a choice? Is it a mental disorder? Is it a brain defect, as I stated?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

You don't think God makes mistakes, but there are thousands of potential defects a person can be born with. There is evidence to support transgenderism as being a defect of the brain. Would you agree with doctors trying to change the transgendered person's brain so they felt like his body's gender?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Would you feel this way about someone born without legs getting prosthetics, or a deaf person getting a implant to hear?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

It's not my business to judge anyone.  Biblically I am against it because I believe God created us to be what HE created us to be and I don't believe He made mistakes.

But if a person wants to change themselves it is their choice and of course there should be no law against it---other than God's law if you are inclined to follow His Word. 

I just have to shake my head every time I get that question from one of you in here. 

Changing your sex is not the same as being born with a defect that can and should be corrected.  As I said, I don't think God makes mistakes so I don't believe man or woman should alter the sexual organs to be something they were not designed to be.  It's a choice to do that, getting a prosthetic limb if you're born without that limb is not a sin in the eyes of God.

As far as being born deaf, even Christ went around giving sight and hearing to the blind and deaf to those born that way.  I don't think He has a problem with that.  ;)

You're smarter than this sort of question, Lilly.

Oh aye, yi, yi.

Really?  lol

Just a choice.  No brain disorder or mental illness. 

I don't need to back up---I am clear on this---and you know my feelings.  ;)

'Nuff said. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

You seriously think people choose to bring ridicule on themselves? Yeah 'nuff said. You choose to believe what you want no matter if it makes any sense at all.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

OK, let's back up a d try to be clear on this. What do you believe transgenderism is, Poodles? How would you explain this too your children? Is it a choice? Is it a mental disorder? Is it a brain defect, as I stated?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

You don't think God makes mistakes, but there are thousands of potential defects a person can be born with. There is evidence to support transgenderism as being a defect of the brain. Would you agree with doctors trying to change the transgendered person's brain so they felt like his body's gender?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Would you feel this way about someone born without legs getting prosthetics, or a deaf person getting a implant to hear?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

It's not my business to judge anyone.  Biblically I am against it because I believe God created us to be what HE created us to be and I don't believe He made mistakes.

But if a person wants to change themselves it is their choice and of course there should be no law against it---other than God's law if you are inclined to follow His Word. 

I just have to shake my head every time I get that question from one of you in here. 

Changing your sex is not the same as being born with a defect that can and should be corrected.  As I said, I don't think God makes mistakes so I don't believe man or woman should alter the sexual organs to be something they were not designed to be.  It's a choice to do that, getting a prosthetic limb if you're born without that limb is not a sin in the eyes of God.

As far as being born deaf, even Christ went around giving sight and hearing to the blind and deaf to those born that way.  I don't think He has a problem with that.  ;)

Oh aye, yi, yi.

Really?  lol

'Nuff said. 

Bring ridicule on themselves?  Is that what you feel they are doing?  No...I feel society has very much accepted them. 

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Then you are delusional. Transgender individuals have many hurdles to overcome including getting others to accept them for who they are and being safe. So many are bullied for simply being themselves. And no one would choose to risk their safety like this. It is not a choice to feel like you are the wrong gender and as previously stated science has proven it is due to brain differences.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Oh aye, yi, yi.

Really?  lol

'Nuff said. 

Bring ridicule on themselves?  Is that what you feel they are doing?  No...I feel society has very much accepted them. 

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I would not disown my child for this but I sure would do everything I could to talk them out of it.

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM

He has a right to his opinion, you have a right to yours. i could personally care less what people want to do w/ their own lives.

LilyofPhilly
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:29 AM
You cant be serious! Sure on here everyone is all nice and PC, but in real life there's still a lot of bigotry. If you worked in a big store around a lot of people you'd realize this. The minute "the guy in the dress "walks through the door everyone knows. Several murderers of transgendered persons are reported each year and more are assaulted. And it's not like transgenderism is a new thing. What about those who were _resenting themselves as the opposite gender 20, 30, 40 years ago?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Oh aye, yi, yi.

Really?  lol

'Nuff said. 

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Quoting toomanypoodles:
Quoting LilyofPhilly:

What do you believe transgenderism is, Poodles? How would you explain this too your children? Is it a choice? Is it a mental disorder? Is it a brain defect, as I stated? 

How does someone choose to change the shape of part of their physical brain?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN