Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Personally I think I may just be screwed (Yes its another rant lol)

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

Usually mothers are used and abused and generally unappreciated for the first 18 yrs on the job in one fashion or another. Then the kids grow up and mom is able to find herself and do away with the mismatch sock bag etc to put her life into order. The children grow to appreciate the  for all she had done.  My children appreciate me today, I know this but I am still a mom of a young one who is not proving to be easy to raise.  I will not get the opportunity to have peace in my life I swear.  It took me 2 hours to get him to do his homework the other night,  It took him 5 minutes. 

I. AM. DOOMED,  Do I laugh or cry lol.  I dunno somedays.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is only 7, and my daugther is only 9, but I swear somedays that these children will be the death of me. LOL 

erika9009
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Don't worry, we always have those days or weeks that we feel like we suck as parents.

I have found that every one of my kids are different.  Katie (15) thinks taking away her Iphone is child abuse.  So, I ask her "how is your homework and your Iphone?"   She knows if she does not have to work done (thank God for TeacherEase) she'll loose her Iphone.

For Justin, I have have to say "Let me see your homework"  and sit him down to do it if he's not done.

I always stress to all my kids  "their personal responsibility."  Meaning that I should not have to tell them to go do it.  They know they have to do it and get it done.

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I dont think I suck but after 32 yrs on the job and at least 10 more to go I am very tired.

The grandson I mother will be 9 later this month and he is not an easy one.  I face some obstacles I am not accustomed to like the fact that I am not his mother and all that entails.

Thank you for your reply though.  They are definitely all very different.

Quoting erika9009:

Don't worry, we always have those days or weeks that we feel like we suck as parents.

I have found that every one of my kids are different.  Katie (15) thinks taking away her Iphone is child abuse.  So, I ask her "how is your homework and your Iphone?"   She knows if she does not have to work done (thank God for TeacherEase) she'll loose her Iphone.

For Justin, I have have to say "Let me see your homework"  and sit him down to do it if he's not done.

I always stress to all my kids  "their personal responsibility."  Meaning that I should not have to tell them to go do it.  They know they have to do it and get it done.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck, kids can drive ya crazy.

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Troll Dad - Love your grandchildren they will take revenge upon yours

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

[hugs]

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel your pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN