Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Most Hated Family in America *warning, videos contain hate speech*

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 38 Replies

This isn't something I've seen before, probably because I mostly only watch Netflix. I came across these two videos that give a glimpse inside the Westboro Babtist "church" family. I think my mouth just hung open while watching.

Again, the videos contain hate speech.

Westboro Baptist family disowns daughter

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I've always kind of thought they were just over the top to get attention. That old hag talking to Tyra though, I'm not sure that can be faked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:39 PM
3 moms liked this

Yep, I actually sat here and watched both videos.

There is no  understanding some people and their misguided way of thinking and being.

My heart hurts for Lauren, missing her brother and sister and knowing they are being raised to hate.  But thank God she is free from the hands of Satan.  

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Quoting Stephanie329:

I've always kind of thought they were just over the top to get attention. That old hag talking to Tyra though, I'm not sure that can be faked.

I've never felt any of them were faking it.  They are so deranged.  How they came to be this way, well, I suppose it starts at the top and the brainwashing has continued on down through the generations.

They are so blinded by their hate they cannot see their own hypocrisy. 

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I don't understand these people.

party_of_5
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Couldn't have said it any better. So sad!

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Yep, I actually sat here and watched both videos.

There is no  understanding some people and their misguided way of thinking and being.

My heart hurts for Lauren, missing her brother and sister and knowing they are being raised to hate.  But thank God she is free from the hands of Satan.  

coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Eh, these losers just want attention and look how much we give them.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting futureshock:

I don't understand these people.

It would be interesting to go back to the beginning of this 'Church' and learn exactly how it all began.  I suppose the fact that they are so deranged and so far removed from reality, it intrigues me.  Much along the lines of how people are able to be brainwashed in to believing such things.  Manson comes to mind, how he was able to manipulate so many in a manner that seemed so easy.

This aspect of humans has always intriqued me.

I am strange, I know. lol

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

she is very articulate.

I am amazed that a church of 70 members (and most of them seem to be family) can cause so much havoc.

Just let the families whom the church has attended their funerals....let them sort them out without the media or police.  They wont last long :-)

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I watched both videos in their entirety.  I could have done without the condemnation of religion at the very end of the second.

Shirley reminds me of my mother.  My mother was not about the hate but the division was all there.  The sword of the Lord will divide families she would say.   It was very cold, much like those parents in the second video. 

She softened in time but I have never understood that at all.  I saw it in shirley, I cant say I have ever seen it anyone else.

I think they are very blinded by hate and I really think I am going to start praying for them.  I never have listened to any of them talk before. It was not a pleasant experience.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting survivorinohio:

I watched both videos in their entirety.  I could have done without the condemnation of religion at the very end of the second.

Shirley reminds me of my mother.  My mother was not about the hate but the division was all there.  The sword of the Lord will divide families she would say.   It was very cold, much like those parents in the second video. 

She softened in time but I have never understood that at all.  I saw it in shirley, I cant say I have ever seen it anyone else.

I think they are very blinded by hate and I really think I am going to start praying for them.  I never have listened to any of them talk before. It was not a pleasant experience.

Ahhh, R.....no one should have to know people like this, especially ones in our own fold.  But I completely understand where you are coming from.  One of my sister's reminds me of the mother in the first video.  Not the hate for gays, so to speak, but the certainty that God is love yet the hypocrisy that He hates all at the same time.

I have prayed for these people often.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN