Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Most Hated Family in America *warning, videos contain hate speech*

Posted by   + Show Post

This isn't something I've seen before, probably because I mostly only watch Netflix. I came across these two videos that give a glimpse inside the Westboro Babtist "church" family. I think my mouth just hung open while watching.

Again, the videos contain hate speech.

Westboro Baptist family disowns daughter

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Replies (31-38):
survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Thank you for those links.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Several of Fred Phelp's children have left the "church" and they have a whole bunch to say.  They say he's addicted to hatred, and they whole "hates fags" thing is just the latest incarnation.

Here's his son Nate's blog:  http://n8rphelps.blogspot.com/

I used to have his son Mark's blog, but can't find it now - maybe he took it down.  All of the now adult children say they suffered physical and mental abuse at the hands of Fred.

And THIS is a real interesting blog detailing the history:  http://fredphelps.com/

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Interesting. I'll be reading these later:)

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Several of Fred Phelp's children have left the "church" and they have a whole bunch to say.  They say he's addicted to hatred, and they whole "hates fags" thing is just the latest incarnation.

Here's his son Nate's blog:  http://n8rphelps.blogspot.com/

I used to have his son Mark's blog, but can't find it now - maybe he took it down.  All of the now adult children say they suffered physical and mental abuse at the hands of Fred.

And THIS is a real interesting blog detailing the history:  http://fredphelps.com/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I agree, she is articulate, I bet she's had a lot of practice with defending herself. Plus she (and 9 others?) went to law school, it's unusual to see intelligence paired with that much hatred.
Quoting turtle68:

she is very articulate.

I am amazed that a church of 70 members (and most of them seem to be family) can cause so much havoc.

Just let the families whom the church has attended their funerals....let them sort them out without the media or police.  They wont last long :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Conditioning :(

Quoting Stephanie329:

I agree, she is articulate, I bet she's had a lot of practice with defending herself. Plus she (and 9 others?) went to law school, it's unusual to see intelligence paired with that much hatred.
Quoting turtle68:

she is very articulate.

I am amazed that a church of 70 members (and most of them seem to be family) can cause so much havoc.

Just let the families whom the church has attended their funerals....let them sort them out without the media or police.  They wont last long :-)

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

ZanderandBella
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Wow, but you know what, it does teach us that many things are taught to us as children. We will never be able to have peace in certain countries because young kids are given weapons and taught to kill. There will always be racism because parents teach their children that. The only way there would ever be peace is if ALL parents taught their kids peace and acceptance but that will never happen.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't like that they get air time either.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

I honestly do not understand why anyone gives them airtime.  It has to be for the benefit of  rating  this  includes Tyra, CNN etc.  I pay them no attention.  And no, I did not watch the video.

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
steffielou_who
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Yeah, the phelps family are insane!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:27 PM

brainwashed by intelligent but leaning more to the mentally unstable side of intellect parents....or they all have that gene that has them teetering on the fine line of mentally stable?

Quoting Stephanie329:

Quoting turtle68:

she is very articulate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN