Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Boy Missing for 2 Decades Found Alive

Posted by   + Show Post

Boy Missing for 2 Decades Found Alive

Richard Landers Jr. was just 5 years old when he vanished from his Indiana home. Now, 19 years later, he's been found alive.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Replies (31-35):
caito
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Wow, just imagine how that mom feels. To go all these years thinking he's gone, only to find out he's alive and well.

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Agree

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Just read the additional story posted.

Wow.

Sometimes, the right thing and the legal thing do not always match up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I read something earlier that the man's bio father knew that his parents had done this, and he felt it was for the best, as he and the bio mother were in no position to raise the kid. The grandparents had cared for him from the time he was six months old, and just out of the blue mom decided she was going to take him away from the only home and normalcy he had ever known.

I am not saying the grandparents are faultless, but I will say from personal experience that the law rarely protects the child in situations like this. I would have been much better off if my grandmother had said screw the courts and run away with me.  And she told me two days before she died that her only regret was not doing so. And the fact that this mother seems more interested in attention whoring (methinks somebody is hoping to sell the story to Lifetime), than just going to see the kid, sits very uneasily with me.

Kitschy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM

There has to be a LOT more to this story.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Wow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN