Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
Has anyone gone out to see it yet? I watched it last night and loved it. There were points I couldn't watch (just too real and graphic) but gave it high marks. Anyone else have thoughts on the movie?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
Lindsey1126
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Some parts were funny too though lol

Quoting ashellbell:

That it was.

Quoting Lindsey1126:

I watched it..It was a good movie but really sad.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Bump...I will see it this weekend, I am looking forward to it because I have been reading ALL the press on it.

Lisha77
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM
It was hard to hate Leo's character. During that time period, there were good slave owners. Most knew how to keep their slaves honorable to them. That is the character SLJ played. Candy kept Stephen in his back pocket by promising Stephen would never have to work in the fields or further out on the property if Stephen would give him all the information on the other slaves. This happened plenty during slavery. One slave would turn on the others to keep his position strong with the Master. That's one of the main reasons why slaves were always caught trying to escape.

Quoting ashellbell:

I was surprised he played that role.I also found it hard to hate Leo as much as I wanted to. He was bad but you saw some glimpse of compassion when he was with some of his slaves.

Quoting Lisha77:

My DH and I really enjoyed it. There are some graphic scenes. I think everyone did a wonderful job! DH and I like Samuel L. Jackson's character...he was a damn fool!!!! LOL!!!!

lga1965
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

If it is anything like Pulp Fiction, I think I'll pass. I nearly fainted watching the scene where they jam the hypodermic needle in Uma Thurman's chest. Ewwww. Such gruesome sick stuff in that movie. I love the comedies,romances and political dramas. No blood and gore. Bridesmaids, Mamma Mia,The Notebook, The Blind Side, Sweet Home Alabama, etc. I love to laugh .

SlingsAndThings
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:05 PM

We are hoping to see it this weekend. Looks pretty good

Oh you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with those who are patient-

Al Quran 2-153

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I really want to go see it. But I'll probably wait for the disc.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:31 PM
It is all a matter of taste and perspective. Once when I was in my early twenties, I had a very conservative boss who complained that they didn't make good movies anymore. I recommended Forest Gump, because it seemed like a nod to his generation and a movie that my folks liked. I thought he was going to fire me the day after he watched it. He said it was "full of filth". From his perspective, I suppose it was! LOL. But what did I now? I loved Pulp Fiction.
Quoting lga1965:

If it is anything like Pulp Fiction, I think I'll pass. I nearly fainted watching the scene where they jam the hypodermic needle in Uma Thurman's chest. Ewwww. Such gruesome sick stuff in that movie. I love the comedies,romances and political dramas. No blood and gore. Bridesmaids, Mamma Mia,The Notebook, The Blind Side, Sweet Home Alabama, etc. I love to laugh .

Naughty Wittle Puppy

skittlebeans88
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I looved it! That movie was so bloody and violent, but thats how i like it. There were some parts during the mandango fight i had to close my eyes though lol.
Jamie foxx and the german actor did an awesome job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Omg.. so worth seeing on the big screen!

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I really want to go see it. But I'll probably wait for the disc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GrimmLotus
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I love Quentin Tarantino movies, I have seen them all. I can't wait to see it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)