Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
Has anyone gone out to see it yet? I watched it last night and loved it. There were points I couldn't watch (just too real and graphic) but gave it high marks. Anyone else have thoughts on the movie?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Omg.. so worth seeing on the big screen!

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I really want to go see it. But I'll probably wait for the disc.

Maybe I'll go alone. = ) Hubs hates QT movies. Also, we only go to maybe three movies a year. It's an expense we gave up when we started a family.

eta:

we have a 60" Samsung LED TV so pretty much all movies look really good in our family room. = )

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Based on what I've read about the violent content, I'm not sure I want to sit through it. Quentin Tarantino is known for his over-the-top violence, and I just can't stomach it anymore.

skittlebeans88
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Lota of blood lol. And exploding heads.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Based on what I've read about the violent content, I'm not sure I want to sit through it. Quentin Tarantino is known for his over-the-top violence, and I just can't stomach it anymore.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, see, that's just not my idea of a good time.

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Lota of blood lol. And exploding heads.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Haven't seen it.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Hasn't seen it yet but we will.

Three reasons...
1. I LOVE Tarantino.
2. I have adored Leo since I was a teenager.
3. I want to have my way with Christoph Waltz.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM

oh wow---he said that about Forrest Gump???  yikes! That is one of my favorite movies!  Pulp Fiction was quite a movie but I have a hard time with weird stuff. LOL. 

Quoting NWP:

It is all a matter of taste and perspective. Once when I was in my early twenties, I had a very conservative boss who complained that they didn't make good movies anymore. I recommended Forest Gump, because it seemed like a nod to his generation and a movie that my folks liked. I thought he was going to fire me the day after he watched it. He said it was "full of filth". From his perspective, I suppose it was! LOL. But what did I now? I loved Pulp Fiction.
Quoting lga1965:

If it is anything like Pulp Fiction, I think I'll pass. I nearly fainted watching the scene where they jam the hypodermic needle in Uma Thurman's chest. Ewwww. Such gruesome sick stuff in that movie. I love the comedies,romances and political dramas. No blood and gore. Bridesmaids, Mamma Mia,The Notebook, The Blind Side, Sweet Home Alabama, etc. I love to laugh .

"I've long known rage was a life saver. I learned it from my mentor Rush Limbaugh, because every time you look at him you gotta ask, 'How is he still alive?'" -- Stephen Colbert
lga1965
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Omg.. so worth seeing on the big screen!

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I really want to go see it. But I'll probably wait for the disc.

Maybe I'll go alone. = ) Hubs hates QT movies. Also, we only go to maybe three movies a year. It's an expense we gave up when we started a family.

eta:

we have a 60" Samsung LED TV so pretty much all movies look really good in our family room. = )

yeahhh!  I have a 60"Panasonic and a BluRay player so I wait to watch them at home too!

"I've long known rage was a life saver. I learned it from my mentor Rush Limbaugh, because every time you look at him you gotta ask, 'How is he still alive?'" -- Stephen Colbert
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM

We might see it this weekend. DH isn't really interested in it but that's probably just because i suggested it.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Step off Waltz! He's mine!

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Hasn't seen it yet but we will.

Three reasons...
1. I LOVE Tarantino.
2. I have adored Leo since I was a teenager.
3. I want to have my way with Christoph Waltz.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN