Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hey Lesbian couple! Thanks for your hard earned money, but I think you're offensive to society!

Lesbian couple: Restaurant owner hands them letter condemning homosexuality

POSTED: 4:24 PM Jan 10 2013  UPDATED: 12:30 AM Jan 11 2013

link and video

NEW BERN -

A lesbian couple said an owner of a restaurant handed them a letter condemning homosexuality as they were walking out of the building.

Ariel and Shawnee McPhail said they went into The Stingray Café, on 520 S. Front Street in New Bern, and ate a meal there on Dec. 4. But they said as they were leaving, the restaurant's owner, Ed McGovern, handed them a letter that stated God's opposition to homosexuality. The letter reads as follows:

"God said in the last days that man and wom[a]n would be lover of self, more [than] the lover of God.

That man and woman would have unnatural [affection] for one another. Then, the coming of the Son of Man, who is Jesus. So please, look at your life. See how it hurt[s] everyone around you. And ask the Lord to open your eye[s] before it [is] to[o] late.

The Love of Christ

P.S. my daughter also was gay. It destroy[ed] her life and my grandson."

McGovern confirmed with NewsChannel 12 that he did give the couple that letter, out of love, and that he did something similar to another lesbian couple in the past.

McGovern said he wrote the letter because he did not approve of the McPhails kissing outside of his restaurant. But the couple denied doing it.

"First of all, we didn't kiss. We don't kiss in public. We were holding hands," said Shawnee McPhail. "Secondly, if I did kiss my wife in public, what married couple would you go to and say, 'how dare you. You cannot hold hands and you cannot kiss in public therefore you deserve my judgement.'"

The couple said everyone has the right to his or her opinion, but what McGovern did crossed the line.

"If we're experiencing it, then other people are too and that's not fair," said Ariel McPhail.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Replies (201-205):
Elkamelka
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I hope he was at least reprimanded.  I have explained it to some people and others I have given the "look".  A lady at work has said it twice now.  If she does it a third time, I guess I will have to educate her.  I just can't figure out how she doesn't know saying that term in front of me is rude at best. 

Quoting Bookwormy:

She spoke to the DA & can't now remember if the ADA got into trouble or if he was fired. One way or the other, it was addressed. A friend of a close friend said it to me a couple years later & I took the time to disabuse her of this ignorance. She had no idea what the origin of the comment was or that it had anything to do with Jews or being Jewish. I was horrified. But it is like saying Gyped & people having no idea that it is insulting to the Roma (Gypsie) population.

Quoting Elkamelka:

Quoting Bookwormy:

I can't quote on my Nook, but he said Jew them down in court? I would have been off that jury like a shot. I have had people I know and like say that to me and then wonder why I am offended. I personally find it futile to educate fools

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Autiziumom:

Like I said no bashing! But u said wat about loving ur neighbor, yes love ur neighbor not their behavior! Homosexuality and lesbianism is a behavior of sex that God tells His people and in the new testimont not to engage in! I've been taught to love everyone. The PERSON not their behvior. We all have behaviors that other won't agree with. Love covers a multitude of SINS. Sorry its just wat Gods word saids. Like I say again FREEWILL. U don't HAVE to agree with HIM N HIS WORDS. How nice of the Lord to give us such a life of freewill.

There is no love in his words.. just as there is no love in yours

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM
2 moms liked this

This is so good it should be a siggy.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Out of love...........most Christians around here could better serve God by actually looking up the meaning of love and stop misusing it as an excuse to insinuate their beliefs in to the lives of others.

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Quoting Autiziumom:

Like I said no bashing! But u said wat about loving ur neighbor, yes love ur neighbor not their behavior! Homosexuality and lesbianism is a behavior of sex that God tells His people and in the new testimont not to engage in! I've been taught to love everyone. The PERSON not their behvior. We all have behaviors that other won't agree with. Love covers a multitude of SINS. Sorry its just wat Gods word saids. Like I say again FREEWILL. U don't HAVE to agree with HIM N HIS WORDS. How nice of the Lord to give us such a life of freewill.

This man bashed them and this is the other thing which I am sure I stated.  He has a problem with his daughter.  Why don't he privately talk to her about it and not the local lesbian couple.  He is a dick.

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. The "no bashing" made me laugh.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting Autiziumom:

There is no love in his words.. just as there is no love in yours

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN