Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:27 PM
3 moms liked this

How does that all work with roads and parks and things?

Quoting TranquilMind:

Right.  Conservatives are not the same as Republicans.

Libertarians are even better.  Vote Libertarian and get rid of this nonworking system. 

Quoting JCB911:

Republicans might want big gov't - Conservatives do NOT. Which is why so many conservatives don't like being called Republican, so many Repubs are RINOs once they get elected.

The less the gov't does for us the more we can do for ourselves.  The more we should do for ourselves and for others.

lga1965
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I LOVE it!  Perfect!wink

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM

It works just fine.  Return the government to its appropriate boundaries, handling ONLY the things designated to it constitutionally, which would encompass military,  infrastructure, roads, etc. 

Not pawing people at the airport, listening to their cell phone calls, demanding pages of intrusive documentation for the American Community Survey, and all that kind of garbage. 

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Libertarians are even better.  Vote Libertarian and get rid of this nonworking system. 

Quoting JCB911:

Republicans might want big gov't - Conservatives do NOT. Which is why so many conservatives don't like being called Republican, so many Repubs are RINOs once they get elected.

The less the gov't does for us the more we can do for ourselves.  The more we should do for ourselves and for others.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM

:)

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Haha!  Well I get sick of it.

Quoting Momniscient:

Shhhh.

Quoting stacymomof2:

LOL

You know, I do get sick of people always saying "well Dems suck too, liberals are hypocritical too..."  The fact of the matter is the conservatives and Republicans are on a completely different level of hypocricy.  It wouldn't be anywhere near as annoying if so many of the Republicans weren't so damn hypocritical. When Bill Clinton got caught cheating, yeah, that was stupid of him.  But he wasn't going around persecuting and investigating a blow job recieved by Newt Gingrich, who had the nerve to freak out about Clinton but a whole different attitude when it came to his own bjs.

nb34
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:21 PM
So true!
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Quoting stacymomof2:

LOL

You know, I do get sick of people always saying "well Dems suck too, liberals are hypocritical too..."  The fact of the matter is the conservatives and Republicans are on a completely different level of hypocricy.  It wouldn't be anywhere near as annoying if so many of the Republicans weren't so damn hypocritical. When Bill Clinton got caught cheating, yeah, that was stupid of him.  But he wasn't going around persecuting and investigating a blow job recieved by Newt Gingrich, who had the nerve to freak out about Clinton but a whole different attitude when it came to his own bjs.

Al Gore is Big Oil

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM

So what.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting stacymomof2:

LOL

Al Gore is Big Oil

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM

So...

Big government is okay as long as it's something you approve of like the military and infrastructure.

I've never been pawed at the airport and I've never felt negative repercussions from allowing the government to use a survey to serve the community in a statistical manner so you'll have to forgive me if those things don't make for an argument that sways me. I don't think anyone but my obnoxious and psycho ex husband is stalking my cell phone.

When did the government EVER fit in 'appropriate' boundaries? When there were 3 million as opposed to 300+ million Americans? I think even then there would be plenty whose answer would be... it didn't.

Quoting TranquilMind:

It works just fine.  Return the government to its appropriate boundaries, handling ONLY the things designated to it constitutionally, which would encompass military,  infrastructure, roads, etc. 

Not pawing people at the airport, listening to their cell phone calls, demanding pages of intrusive documentation for the American Community Survey, and all that kind of garbage. 

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting JCB911:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I have to laugh. There is nothing that screams hypocrisy like a crazy right wing fringe lunatic. Or, lunatics really.

Quoting stacymomof2:

Haha!  Well I get sick of it.

Quoting Momniscient:

Shhhh.

Quoting stacymomof2:

LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN