Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I'm sure there are people you dislike. And I bet you have legitimate reasons to dislike them. 

Homosexuality is not a behavior. And it is beneficial to society. But whatever. You are entitled to your bigotry. However, I will never respect it. And the battle is far from over. Your side is losing something fierce. And that's a good thing. 

Quoting TranquilMind:

I do not dislike any people at all.  Certain behaviors - and not just that one - are not beneficial to society, in my view, and I'm allowed to hold it.  Why would anyone care anyway...that battle is long over. 

Quoting mehamil1:

Libertarians are cool with the gays. I thought you didn't like the gays or something nonsensical like that. 

Quoting TranquilMind:

Right.  Conservatives are not the same as Republicans.

Libertarians are even better.  Vote Libertarian and get rid of this nonworking system. 

Quoting JCB911:

Republicans might want big gov't - Conservatives do NOT. Which is why so many conservatives don't like being called Republican, so many Repubs are RINOs once they get elected.

The less the gov't does for us the more we can do for ourselves.  The more we should do for ourselves and for others. 

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Nor is your view entitled to respect, when it violates common sense, creation, logical function, and nature.  You are certainly entitled to hold it under our Constitution, however, and I will defend your right to free speech. 

Quoting Momniscient:

Gay behavior is not beneficial to society? Love isn't beneficial eh?
That is certainly an interestig viewpoint and you are entitled to your view. You just aren't entitled to have anyone respect your view.

Quoting TranquilMind:

I do not dislike any people at all.  Certain behaviors - and not just that one - are not beneficial to society, in my view, and I'm allowed to hold it.  Why would anyone care anyway...that battle is long over. 

Quoting mehamil1:

Libertarians are cool with the gays. I thought you didn't like the gays or something nonsensical like that. 

Quoting TranquilMind:

Libertarians are even better.  Vote Libertarian and get rid of this nonworking system. 

Quoting JCB911:

Republicans might want big gov't - Conservatives do NOT. Which is why so many conservatives don't like being called Republican, so many Repubs are RINOs once they get elected.

The less the gov't does for us the more we can do for ourselves.  The more we should do for ourselves and for others. 

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM

No, I really don't dislike anyone, but I must confess that I got pretty angry at a violent jerk hockey coach yesterday, who was encouraging his larger, older kids to batter our boys.  Quirk of the game that kids of this age group play each other, when some look like little boys, and some are over 6 feet tall and shaving.

At any rate, your assertion is not logical nor supported in any way, that said behavior is "beneficial". 

And you are SO right...those with my views are facing bigotry big time....for the moment.  It ain't over 'til it's over, as they say. 

Quoting mehamil1:

I'm sure there are people you dislike. And I bet you have legitimate reasons to dislike them. 

Homosexuality is not a behavior. And it is beneficial to society. But whatever. You are entitled to your bigotry. However, I will never respect it. And the battle is far from over. Your side is losing something fierce. And that's a good thing. 

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting JCB911:

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I don't have my son in sports for one of those reasons. He's nine and has no business playing with 12 year olds. 

My assertion is supported by Anthropology. One theory rolling around the halls of academia is that homosexuality is an adaption to a population that is too large for the surrounding environment to support. Scientists notice that homosexual animals (mainly mammals) tend to creep up when their numbers are getting larger and are have a detrimental effect on the surrounding environment. There was an article written a while ago by a biologist who noticed a higher incidence of homosexuality among the deer and elk populations in yellowstone National Park. The destruction of predators like the grey wolf led to their explosion in population. They then stripped the park of all things green. The grey wolves were introduced back into Yellow Stone and the incidence of observed homosexuality among deer and elk has decreased. That's natures way of saying knock it off with having the babies. 

We humans, very much animals in the general sense, are now at 7 billion on this planet. I would say the rise in homosexual humans has a huge part in the fact that our population is far too high. That is how it's beneficial. However, modern medicine has rendered this adaptation to over population void since gay people can artificially inseminate and use surrogates now. 

As for you people, with your views facing bigotry, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!! Pointing out the fact that you guys are being tools and calling you on it is not bigotry. Nice try though. 

Quoting TranquilMind:

No, I really don't dislike anyone, but I must confess that I got pretty angry at a violent jerk hockey coach yesterday, who was encouraging his larger, older kids to batter our boys.  Quirk of the game that kids of this age group play each other, when some look like little boys, and some are over 6 feet tall and shaving.

At any rate, your assertion is not logical nor supported in any way, that said behavior is "beneficial". 

And you are SO right...those with my views are facing bigotry big time....for the moment.  It ain't over 'til it's over, as they say. 

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting TranquilMind:

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Nice...

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM

You are right. My view isn't entitled to respect. It is however much more respectable than yours. It's all encompassing.

Yours is not. And homosexuality violates none of the things you listed. It just violates your personal interpretations, which are yours and yours alone. And that comes from a bigoted place. Sorry.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Nor is your view entitled to respect, when it violates common sense, creation, logical function, and nature.  You are certainly entitled to hold it under our Constitution, however, and I will defend your right to free speech. 

Quoting Momniscient:

Gay behavior is not beneficial to society? Love isn't beneficial eh?
That is certainly an interestig viewpoint and you are entitled to your view. You just aren't entitled to have anyone respect your view.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting JCB911:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM

How exactly is love and wanting a commitment not beneficial to society?

Please be specific.

Also, please detail how you are discriminated against for your view on homosexuality.

Please be specific.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting JCB911:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM

You forgot the benefits that love, plain and simple, offer to society.:)

Quoting mehamil1:

I don't have my son in sports for one of those reasons. He's nine and has no business playing with 12 year olds. 

My assertion is supported by Anthropology. One theory rolling around the halls of academia is that homosexuality is an adaption to a population that is too large for the surrounding environment to support. Scientists notice that homosexual animals (mainly mammals) tend to creep up when their numbers are getting larger and are have a detrimental effect on the surrounding environment. There was an article written a while ago by a biologist who noticed a higher incidence of homosexuality among the deer and elk populations in yellowstone National Park. The destruction of predators like the grey wolf led to their explosion in population. They then stripped the park of all things green. The grey wolves were introduced back into Yellow Stone and the incidence of observed homosexuality among deer and elk has decreased. That's natures way of saying knock it off with having the babies. 

We humans, very much animals in the general sense, are now at 7 billion on this planet. I would say the rise in homosexual humans has a huge part in the fact that our population is far too high. That is how it's beneficial. However, modern medicine has rendered this adaptation to over population void since gay people can artificially inseminate and use surrogates now. 

As for you people, with your views facing bigotry, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!! Pointing out the fact that you guys are being tools and calling you on it is not bigotry. Nice try though. 

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting TranquilMind:

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Your first "question" (though it isn't a real question, but we will pretend that it is) is you rewording and changing the meaning of what I said.  I didn't say that "love and wanting a commitment" are detrimental, and if you can be remotely honest, you will admit this.  I said that homosexual behavior is not beneficial to society and I need not get into details about structural damage, disease, and other results of engaging in this behavior.

I could write a long answer with citations to your second pretend question - because you know I did not say "I" was discriminated against (at this juncture) - but said rather that Christians are targeted  by the gay lobby - and they are.

Here's an article that contains the citations to cases that I would include, if I bothered to do so.  It says more than enough.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/paul-wilson/2012/06/18/liberal-media-cheer-pro-gay-discrimination

Here is a snippet.  Read the rest if you are actually interested in the truth. 

Liberals decry discrimination, real or perceived, against homosexuals; ABC even set up a sting operation on camera in order to “expose” anti-gay prejudice. But they have no problem with government discrimination in favor of the gay agenda, complaining that “needy children” will suffer because the Church refuses to cave into the government on the issue of gay adoption and that a Christian business refusing to host a lesbian wedding reception was “poisoned by homophobia.”

The self-proclaimed opponents of bigotry on the left have no problem with discrimination they happen to agree with.

Punishing Opponents of Gay Marriage

Governments in America are forcing Christian-run businesses to actively accommodate gay couples and promote gay causes, or face fines or prosecution. The National Review’s Ian Tuttle recently provided a good overview of the numerous examples of pro-gay discrimination in America.

(Many cases are detailed. The goal is to force businesses - and the Catholic Church - to fall into line on this issue, instead of the purported goal of respect for ALL, which would, of course, include respect for Christian, biblical moral views.

Quoting Momniscient:

Please be specific.

Also, please detail how you are discriminated against for your view on homosexuality.

Please be specific.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting JCB911:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
So that's a 'no i can't really answer the questions because I am full of it' answer.

You are attempting to denigrate homosexuality as merely a behavior you find aberrant.

Again... That is merely your interpretation. Reality has nothing to do with your beliefs.

all the things argued as detrimental in regards to homosexual behavior also apply to heterosexual behavior. Oops.
Christians are NOT discriminated against in America. No matter how hard newsbusters (lol) tries to spin it.

Case in point: is YOUR Christian relationship not recognized as valid becaus of a 'gay lobby'?

Quoting TranquilMind:

Your first "question" (though it isn't a real question, but we will pretend that it is) is you rewording and changing the meaning of what I said.  I didn't say that "love and wanting a commitment" are detrimental, and if you can be remotely honest, you will admit this.  I said that homosexual behavior is not beneficial to society and I need not get into details about structural damage, disease, and other results of engaging in this behavior.

I could write a long answer with citations to your second pretend question - because you know I did not say "I" was discriminated against (at this juncture) - but said rather that Christians are targeted  by the gay lobby - and they are.

Here's an article that contains the citations to cases that I would include, if I bothered to do so.  It says more than enough.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/paul-wilson/2012/06/18/liberal-media-cheer-pro-gay-discrimination

Here is a snippet.  Read the rest if you are actually interested in the truth. 

Liberals decry discrimination, real or perceived, against homosexuals; ABC even set up a sting operation on camera in order to “expose” anti-gay prejudice. But they have no problem with government discrimination in favor of the gay agenda, complaining that “needy children” will suffer because the Church refuses to cave into the government on the issue of gay adoption and that a Christian business refusing to host a lesbian wedding reception was “poisoned by homophobia.”

The self-proclaimed opponents of bigotry on the left have no problem with discrimination they happen to agree with.

Punishing Opponents of Gay Marriage

Governments in America are forcing Christian-run businesses to actively accommodate gay couples and promote gay causes, or face fines or prosecution. The National Review’s Ian Tuttle recently provided a good overview of the numerous examples of pro-gay discrimination in America.

(Many cases are detailed. The goal is to force businesses - and the Catholic Church - to fall into line on this issue, instead of the purported goal of respect for ALL, which would, of course, include respect for Christian, biblical moral views.

Quoting Momniscient:

Please be specific.

Please be specific.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting JCB911:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN