Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What annoys, upsets, ticks you off or angers you the most?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm basically a pretty calm & joyful indiviual.  I don't get upset that much.  But, I notice there are a few things that do get to me.  What things get to you the most?  Mine are:

1.  Driving & noticing someone's on their cell talking/texting.  Then on top of that, they are driving so crappy.  I want to honk or drive-by & wave my hand.  (signal to get off the phone).  But, I don't, I came close today though.

2.  Kids running around, playing with the toys in a store.  Once I saw this woman, she was talking to a couple of her friends/family.  Her child was throwing a fit.  I was standing nearby, & he just came up to me from the back & hit me. ?  The parent didn't do anything!  Not even a "I'm sorry".  OR make their child say "sorry".  The child continue throwing a fit, the mom continue talking.  Or when I see kids playing with a ball in the store or a toy.  Or kids alone in the toy section, while the parents aren't there. 

These 2 things is what really gets to me the most.  I guess, I could more.  So, I guess I'm glad it's only 2 lol.  Sometimes, I try to just ignore.  But, lately I find myself not being able to 'ignore' it. 

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Replies (141-150):
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I always figured those types of people are just unhappy people.  They are angry in life, so without knowing they threat people horribly.  They just don't care anymore. 

Quoting romalove:

My biggest pet peeve is people acting in unkind ways.  I see it all the time, every day, it takes little to nothing to act in kindness but people are too self-absorbed to see that their behavior affects others.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Exactly!  I'm very shocked by this.  I don't remember it happening as much as I do now.  I do speak up now, I tell the child "where is your parent" & they usually don't say too much.  Like they don't know.  I then say "you really need to stay close to your mom or dad".  Then, they say I don't have a mom...or a dad...I guess another reason is I feel uncomfortable, because of how easily kids can be kidnapped.  I don't like seeing kids by themselves. 

I can just image a store having one of those centers where kids can play, while parents shop.  I just don't see it working.  Not these days.  Honestly, I just don't understand how a parent could do that.  With all the kidnapping that is going on.  I was 'always' making sure my kids were glued to me.  I may of gone overboard at times, but I was just always kinda afraid to have them out of my sight. 

Quoting meriana:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Because, the parents are in other areas of the store, while the kids are playing with the toys.  The 'toy section' is basically babysitting them, so they can shop.  I can be looking at toys or the nearby section, when out flys at ball at me.  It doesn't bother you?? 

Quoting futureshock:

Why does this make you angry?

Or when I see kids playing with a ball in the store or a toy.

I once saw some kids who, apparently, been left in or been allowed to be in the toy aisle while their parent shopped elsewhere, however when I saw them, they had a ball (0bviously taken from the toy aisle) and were playing catch in the glassware aisle.

Years ago one of the malls had a store that sold nothing but learning toys. I think the name of it was "Learning World". They had some of the neatest stuff and the best coloring books, etc. Anyway, they had an area in the front of the store that contained some of the items they sold. It was set up as a place for the kids to play while the parent shopped IN THEIR STORE.  They ended up taking it out because parents would leave their kids there while they shopped the entire mall. I was stunned when I asked the clerk why it was gone and she explained that...really..who leaves their kid in one store and goes off shopping at other stores?  That was in the early to mid 70's so irresponsible parents are nothing new.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I think a parent can help their children by having them choose a different word then "I can't"... Maybe, use "I need help"....

Quoting glitterteaz:

the words "I can't" when it is clear that they can but they do not want to put forth extra effort. People who do not ask but assume I will do something for them. Being took for granted sucks

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I am talk about adults not children

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I think a parent can help their children by having them choose a different word then "I can't"... Maybe, use "I need help"....

Quoting glitterteaz:

the words "I can't" when it is clear that they can but they do not want to put forth extra effort. People who do not ask but assume I will do something for them. Being took for granted sucks

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Does that bother you that she wears 2 coats?  I hate to be cold.  Especially, with how cold it is lately.  I probably go overboard.  Because, I would bring a hat, gloves, scarf, coat AND sometimes a hoodie underneath.  I usually am the person that is dressed the warmest.  So much so, I get comments from other people in a store lol.  I think that's terrible that a classroom would be cold like that.

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

This is prob over doing it however my daughter always wears 2 jackets to school...a light weight.one and a thick one..its cold in her class sometimes.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

AtoZ are you sick?  Did you catch the flu that's going around?  What type of pain meds. are you taking?  I worked for the school system for over 10 yrs.  We always kept extra sweaters/coats for that reason.  It's unbelievable how parents can put their kids on the school bus on a cold day, without a coat or sweater.  That's shocking though, no shoes!  Wow! 

To me IF I knew anyone, that I KNOW FOR SURE is doing this like a neighbor, I wouldn't hesitate to call CPS.  I would probably talk to them first, to make sure I knew their situation.  Maybe, offer to go out & buy their kids clothes or shoes.  But, if the parent got really rude with me....then I would call.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I agree with you on the driving and talking/texting. 

When I see little ones not dressed properly for the weather.  Yesterday, while leaving the dentist, a mom and her little one were making their way up the stairs to the office.   He was probably about 3.  No jacket on, only a short sleeve t-shirt.  No jacket in her hand either.  It was all of 20 degrees.  Then, I noticed he had no shoes on, only socks.   He was telling mom he was cold.  She told him to shush and get moving.

Now, I realize that i did not know the situation and I merely judged on what I did see.  Even so, I cringe when I see children who are not dressed appropriately for the weather.

Teens, or any one really, walking and texting or otherwise on their phones and not paying any damn attention to where they are going.

Rude people.  There is never any reason to be rude for the sake of being rude.

Anyone smacking gum.  Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kids running wild in any store.  

People eating in stores.  Meaning, grabbing some thing off the shelve while shopping and eating it.

Geesh, I could go on. lol  I am blaming it on the pain I am in, the headache I have and the pain meds.  

So there! 

*raspberry*

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Oh sorry.  Yeah, well adults it's even worse.  Usually, I hear it from kids though.  Perhaps, they used that a lot when they were kids?  Then they got away with it?

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I do understand what you're saying though.  Sounds like maybe you are the type of person that has always helped others.  They look upon you as the stronger person, person that never says no maybe?  That would get to me too, because I'm kinda like that.  It's like if I don't do it, I feel guilty. 

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting glitterteaz:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:02 AM

could be cause both my mom and my grandfather (her dad) are driving me freaking insane with all the I can'ts...I told them if they can't I sure can't do it for them. Pisses them off but guess what they manage to get it done. This is stupid stuff that they are saying it for too. I mean hello lazy bite your tongue take a deep breath and do it.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Oh sorry.  Yeah, well adults it's even worse.  Usually, I hear it from kids though.  Perhaps, they used that a lot when they were kids?  Then they got away with it?

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting glitterteaz:

ginnyk87
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I can't stand freeloaders! My sil is married, has a 3 year old and they both make really good money, but live with mil. They're always out buying flashy items, drive brand new cars, iPhones, top of the line everything, they're little brat of a son gets whatever he wants and owns the nicest, most expensive toys. They pay mil no rent, don't help with any bills or groceries. Mil has asked them many times to help, but they get all pissed off and threaten to go look at apartments, but never do. This happens every 6 months or so... They come to visit every now and then and the last two times they've brought these large trash bags full of laundry. I'm putting an end to that the next time they ask. I'm not a freaking laundromat!

I can't stand laziness!!!

I can't stand teens that play video games from the time they get up until the time they go to bed.

I hate wastefulness too!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Ya I am constantly doing for them and when I hit a wall I have family talking bad about me behind my back for not doing enough. Sadly my grandmother heaps my plate pretty full and everyone just wants more and more of me. Gma says she stands up for me and I hope she is cause the rest of the family does nothing at all. I hate to see what happens when I finally find a job my grandparents and mom are going to be SOL. I have took the guilt so long we are about to lose everything.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I do understand what you're saying though.  Sounds like maybe you are the type of person that has always helped others.  They look upon you as the stronger person, person that never says no maybe?  That would get to me too, because I'm kinda like that.  It's like if I don't do it, I feel guilty. 

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN