Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What annoys, upsets, ticks you off or angers you the most?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm basically a pretty calm & joyful indiviual.  I don't get upset that much.  But, I notice there are a few things that do get to me.  What things get to you the most?  Mine are:

1.  Driving & noticing someone's on their cell talking/texting.  Then on top of that, they are driving so crappy.  I want to honk or drive-by & wave my hand.  (signal to get off the phone).  But, I don't, I came close today though.

2.  Kids running around, playing with the toys in a store.  Once I saw this woman, she was talking to a couple of her friends/family.  Her child was throwing a fit.  I was standing nearby, & he just came up to me from the back & hit me. ?  The parent didn't do anything!  Not even a "I'm sorry".  OR make their child say "sorry".  The child continue throwing a fit, the mom continue talking.  Or when I see kids playing with a ball in the store or a toy.  Or kids alone in the toy section, while the parents aren't there. 

These 2 things is what really gets to me the most.  I guess, I could more.  So, I guess I'm glad it's only 2 lol.  Sometimes, I try to just ignore.  But, lately I find myself not being able to 'ignore' it. 

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Replies (161-170):
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Yeah, but still you probably will need to say something.  Otherwise it will continue unfortunately.  It's hard to do though, I know because I'm like that.  It's hard to say no, & when I do, I feel guility.  So, I'd rather keep helping & doing, that way I don't feel guilty.  Crazy indeed!  I notice about a yr. ago, I finally started saying "no, I can't".  I still feel guilty today over it.  lol.  I tell myself, "Oh why did I say no"??  I know deep down I needed to, but the other part of me would say "why did I or maybe I shouldn't of"...

Quoting glitterteaz:

Yes they do need to step up they do very lil and expect the world of me. It is crazy

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well it sounds like you need your family members to finally take over, giving you a break.  But, from the sounds of it, they won't do a thing.  You can only do so much, you have to take care of yourself.  Because, most of the time others don't look out for you.  It probably would be great for you to work, because then it won't be all up to you.  They will have to start taking care of themselves too. 

Quoting glitterteaz:

Ya I am constantly doing for them and when I hit a wall I have family talking bad about me behind my back for not doing enough. Sadly my grandmother heaps my plate pretty full and everyone just wants more and more of me. Gma says she stands up for me and I hope she is cause the rest of the family does nothing at all. I hate to see what happens when I finally find a job my grandparents and mom are going to be SOL. I have took the guilt so long we are about to lose everything.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I do understand what you're saying though.  Sounds like maybe you are the type of person that has always helped others.  They look upon you as the stronger person, person that never says no maybe?  That would get to me too, because I'm kinda like that.  It's like if I don't do it, I feel guilty. 

Quoting glitterteaz:

I am talk about adults not children

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I think a parent can help their children by having them choose a different word then "I can't"... Maybe, use "I need help"....

Quoting glitterteaz:

the words "I can't" when it is clear that they can but they do not want to put forth extra effort. People who do not ask but assume I will do something for them. Being took for granted sucks

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Ok Friday, I do see what you're saying.  But, I just don't think things are quite black & white.  By that I mean, how do we know those 'facts' are true?  I just don't feel people can say it's just 'BS' by sticking to what THEY believe in.   Who's to judge, what is true facts or not?  Really? 

Quoting Friday:

Phonies, people who are two faced and willful ignorance. Nothing ticks me off more than people who can have the facts in front of their face and still stick to their BS.

Some things can be a matter of opinion or belief but facts are facts and not subject to opinion. Like the fact that the Earth revolves around the sun.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

ginnyk87
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:11 AM
That's how my mil and fil are. They won't actually kick them out because of their grandson. My sil and her dh know it too and use it to their advantage. My sil acts like the whole world owes her something because she has a kid.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

That's really horrible about your brother/sil.  I just hate that too!  I think people uses their kids to their advantage.  Like, 'oh they won't shut me down, because they want to see their child'.  Grandkids especially.  I feel a lot of kids, take advantage of their parents in this way.  It's so sad when I hear it happening. 

I want to help them to see they are being taken advantage of.  All while being disrespected, & they put up with this.  Because, they couldn't handle NOT seeing their grandkids.  It's hard for me, but I guess it's up to them to figure that out.

Quoting ginnyk87:

I can't stand freeloaders! My sil is married, has a 3 year old and they both make really good money, but live with mil. They're always out buying flashy items, drive brand new cars, iPhones, top of the line everything, they're little brat of a son gets whatever he wants and owns the nicest, most expensive toys. They pay mil no rent, don't help with any bills or groceries. Mil has asked them many times to help, but they get all pissed off and threaten to go look at apartments, but never do. This happens every 6 months or so... They come to visit every now and then and the last two times they've brought these large trash bags full of laundry. I'm putting an end to that the next time they ask. I'm not a freaking laundromat!

I can't stand laziness!!!

I can't stand teens that play video games from the time they get up until the time they go to bed.

I hate wastefulness too!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Of_Two2012
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Me 2. I swore id never be but i sooooo am lol. I realize i didnt finish my last sentence.....it isnt really cold in her classroom but sometimes she is cold. Whitch ill never understand cuz classroomf is kept @ 75-80° and we keep the house about 70-75° lol

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Oh ok, sorry about that.  I think it's kinda cute though :)  I'm like that too, I was always a mother hubbard.  baby in sling

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

No i make her werar 2 coats hat scarf and gloves. Her classroom isn't.SUPER cold but.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Does that bother you that she wears 2 coats?  I hate to be cold.  Especially, with how cold it is lately.  I probably go overboard.  Because, I would bring a hat, gloves, scarf, coat AND sometimes a hoodie underneath.  I usually am the person that is dressed the warmest.  So much so, I get comments from other people in a store lol.  I think that's terrible that a classroom would be cold like that.

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

This is prob over doing it however my daughter always wears 2 jackets to school...a light weight.one and a thick one..its cold in her class sometimes.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

AtoZ are you sick?  Did you catch the flu that's going around?  What type of pain meds. are you taking?  I worked for the school system for over 10 yrs.  We always kept extra sweaters/coats for that reason.  It's unbelievable how parents can put their kids on the school bus on a cold day, without a coat or sweater.  That's shocking though, no shoes!  Wow! 

To me IF I knew anyone, that I KNOW FOR SURE is doing this like a neighbor, I wouldn't hesitate to call CPS.  I would probably talk to them first, to make sure I knew their situation.  Maybe, offer to go out & buy their kids clothes or shoes.  But, if the parent got really rude with me....then I would call.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I agree with you on the driving and talking/texting. 

When I see little ones not dressed properly for the weather.  Yesterday, while leaving the dentist, a mom and her little one were making their way up the stairs to the office.   He was probably about 3.  No jacket on, only a short sleeve t-shirt.  No jacket in her hand either.  It was all of 20 degrees.  Then, I noticed he had no shoes on, only socks.   He was telling mom he was cold.  She told him to shush and get moving.

Now, I realize that i did not know the situation and I merely judged on what I did see.  Even so, I cringe when I see children who are not dressed appropriately for the weather.

Teens, or any one really, walking and texting or otherwise on their phones and not paying any damn attention to where they are going.

Rude people.  There is never any reason to be rude for the sake of being rude.

Anyone smacking gum.  Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kids running wild in any store.  

People eating in stores.  Meaning, grabbing some thing off the shelve while shopping and eating it.

Geesh, I could go on. lol  I am blaming it on the pain I am in, the headache I have and the pain meds.  

So there! 

*raspberry*

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:10 AM

willful ignorance is one of my pet peeves.  Another are people that wallow in their problems and make no attempt to work through and move beyond the traps they set for themselves and others.   

juggamomma
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:16 AM
My husband, don't get me wrong I love the man to death but I just wanna slap the holy living shit outta that thick headed man. I hate it when people try to start a fight and won't leave it alone. They just do everything they can humanly possibly do to try to piss the other person off.
WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I see this all the time here.  The outlet mall in Niagara Falls is the worst.  Especially during tourist season.  The parking lot, and the stores are littered with people's dirty old shoes, shoe boxes, cigarette  butts, dirty diapers, and fast food wrapper. I was shopping in TJMaxx one day and I found half eaten apples, empty soda bottles, and banana peels on the shelves in the housewares department.  Another thing that bugs me is when you try to go to the bathroom at the mall and half the toilets aren't flushed, or some jerk has plugged up the toilet with toilet paper, sanitary napkins, or even diapers.  Another peeve of mine is people who change their babys diapers and then just leave the used diaper on the changing table, the sink, or the toss it on the floor.  When my kids were babys it also used to annoy me when I would half to scrub the changing table before I could lay my kid on it, because who ever use it before me couldn't be bothered to whip the poop off after they were finnished with it.

Quoting lga1965:

I see littering everywhere. Parking lots and stores are littered with used styrofoam cups or cardboard containers that had coffee in them,. pop cans, fast food bags, used tissues and even dirty diapers, coupon sections from the paper ,etc left in shopping carts, old ,rotten partially eaten apples, spilled popcorn...all in Target on the carpet in the childrens' department. It's awful. People are becoming such pigs.

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Right now, at this moment, anything and everything. I'm on day 5 of no carbs. It's making me a little grouchy.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I use to bundle up my kids so warm, when it was cold, it wasn't funny.  I mean they'd be standing outside not being able to move, because they had too much on.  lol.  My son had a lot of ear infections, so I always remembered that pain he was in.  Feeling helpless at times, making him feel better.  (except in & out of the Dr's, then finally get the tubes).  When in reality I believe that dressing your child too warm too, is not good either.  They're not able to resist the cold was well, when you dress them too warm.

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Me 2. I swore id never be but i sooooo am lol. I realize i didnt finish my last sentence.....it isnt really cold in her classroom but sometimes she is cold. Whitch ill never understand cuz classroomf is kept @ 75-80° and we keep the house about 70-75° lol

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Oh ok, sorry about that.  I think it's kinda cute though :)  I'm like that too, I was always a mother hubbard.  baby in sling

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

No i make her werar 2 coats hat scarf and gloves. Her classroom isn't.SUPER cold but.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Does that bother you that she wears 2 coats?  I hate to be cold.  Especially, with how cold it is lately.  I probably go overboard.  Because, I would bring a hat, gloves, scarf, coat AND sometimes a hoodie underneath.  I usually am the person that is dressed the warmest.  So much so, I get comments from other people in a store lol.  I think that's terrible that a classroom would be cold like that.

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

This is prob over doing it however my daughter always wears 2 jackets to school...a light weight.one and a thick one..its cold in her class sometimes.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

AtoZ are you sick?  Did you catch the flu that's going around?  What type of pain meds. are you taking?  I worked for the school system for over 10 yrs.  We always kept extra sweaters/coats for that reason.  It's unbelievable how parents can put their kids on the school bus on a cold day, without a coat or sweater.  That's shocking though, no shoes!  Wow! 

To me IF I knew anyone, that I KNOW FOR SURE is doing this like a neighbor, I wouldn't hesitate to call CPS.  I would probably talk to them first, to make sure I knew their situation.  Maybe, offer to go out & buy their kids clothes or shoes.  But, if the parent got really rude with me....then I would call.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

When I see little ones not dressed properly for the weather.  Yesterday, while leaving the dentist, a mom and her little one were making their way up the stairs to the office.   He was probably about 3.  No jacket on, only a short sleeve t-shirt.  No jacket in her hand either.  It was all of 20 degrees.  Then, I noticed he had no shoes on, only socks.   He was telling mom he was cold.  She told him to shush and get moving.

Now, I realize that i did not know the situation and I merely judged on what I did see.  Even so, I cringe when I see children who are not dressed appropriately for the weather.

Teens, or any one really, walking and texting or otherwise on their phones and not paying any damn attention to where they are going.

People eating in stores.  Meaning, grabbing some thing off the shelve while shopping and eating it.

Geesh, I could go on. lol  I am blaming it on the pain I am in, the headache I have and the pain meds.  

So there! 

*raspberry*

Mama_Of_Two2012
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Trur. I dont bundle dh up that much her under jacket us usually something light weight then a rain jacket. She too gets ear infections super easy so i never forget the hat...gloves and under jacket...MAYBE hat NEVER

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I use to bundle up my kids so warm, when it was cold, it wasn't funny.  I mean they'd be standing outside not being able to move, because they had too much on.  lol.  My son had a lot of ear infections, so I always remembered that pain he was in.  Feeling helpless at times, making him feel better.  (except in & out of the Dr's, then finally get the tubes).  When in reality I believe that dressing your child too warm too, is not good either.  They're not able to resist the cold was well, when you dress them too warm.

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

So there! 

*raspberry*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN