Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What annoys, upsets, ticks you off or angers you the most?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm basically a pretty calm & joyful indiviual.  I don't get upset that much.  But, I notice there are a few things that do get to me.  What things get to you the most?  Mine are:

1.  Driving & noticing someone's on their cell talking/texting.  Then on top of that, they are driving so crappy.  I want to honk or drive-by & wave my hand.  (signal to get off the phone).  But, I don't, I came close today though.

2.  Kids running around, playing with the toys in a store.  Once I saw this woman, she was talking to a couple of her friends/family.  Her child was throwing a fit.  I was standing nearby, & he just came up to me from the back & hit me. ?  The parent didn't do anything!  Not even a "I'm sorry".  OR make their child say "sorry".  The child continue throwing a fit, the mom continue talking.  Or when I see kids playing with a ball in the store or a toy.  Or kids alone in the toy section, while the parents aren't there. 

These 2 things is what really gets to me the most.  I guess, I could more.  So, I guess I'm glad it's only 2 lol.  Sometimes, I try to just ignore.  But, lately I find myself not being able to 'ignore' it. 

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

People who dont know how to merge....Drivers who use the inner lane to get passed you and then when they cant get pissed at you.  Drivers who dont use blinkers.

Kids really dont bother me, I can switch off...if that kid had done that I would of yelled where the hell are your useless parents, and then told the mother she was a twit.

I dislike teen / young adults who think they look pretty / handsome / sexy etc...and they really really dont.

lga1965
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I am so inept that I can't even safely answer my Cell...LOL..so I just keep it in my purse when I am driving and I don't answer it. Occasionally if I think it might be important. I will  drive into a parking lot , park and call them back. Really...and I am still learning to text...touch screen. I wish I had a keyboard phone. SO, that is not even an option while driving. LOL.

Last year I was rear ended by a guy who was texting. He admitted it. His insurance paid for all the repairs.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

I will talk on my cell but it's on speaker. I will only text at a red light-otherwise I will pull off the road to text. These are only in emergency situations-like a crisis at work. otherwise, the world can wait.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Now......how many of us here admit we've done any of these things?  It's ok if you don't want to say.  From the list I put down, no I don't do them.  But, sometimes I find it kinda funny, when 'some' people answer a question like this.  Yet, they do the same things, they are saying that bothers them the most about other people.  lol. 

Bek22
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I hate seeing kids who are not buckled up in the car. I hate it when people walk in front of my car and don't move, knowing I am driving behind them. Other than that, I stay pretty darn happy.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Bureaucracy.

Mindless, faceless policies and rules, pedantically enforced by people who simply do not care.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a touch phone and hated it! I switched to the traditional full pad, basic phone. all I can do is call and text on it and I love it. If I receive a call, I just open the phone and the call connects and it is automatically on speaker. I try to be very careful and never will answer my phone in traffic, etc....

Quoting lga1965:

I am so inept that I can't even safely answer my Cell...LOL..so I just keep it in my purse when I am driving and I don't answer it. Occasionally if I think it might be important. I will  drive into a parking lot , park and call them back. Really...and I am still learning to text...touch screen. I wish I had a keyboard phone. SO, that is not even an option while driving. LOL.

Last year I was rear ended by a guy who was texting. He admitted it. His insurance paid for all the repairs.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

I will talk on my cell but it's on speaker. I will only text at a red light-otherwise I will pull off the road to text. These are only in emergency situations-like a crisis at work. otherwise, the world can wait.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Now......how many of us here admit we've done any of these things?  It's ok if you don't want to say.  From the list I put down, no I don't do them.  But, sometimes I find it kinda funny, when 'some' people answer a question like this.  Yet, they do the same things, they are saying that bothers them the most about other people.  lol. 

lga1965
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Now that is the kind of phone I should have bought!

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

I had a touch phone and hated it! I switched to the traditional full pad, basic phone. all I can do is call and text on it and I love it. If I receive a call, I just open the phone and the call connects and it is automatically on speaker. I try to be very careful and never will answer my phone in traffic, etc....

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM

EEEP!  Feel better soon!

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

AtoZ are you sick?  Did you catch the flu that's going around?  What type of pain meds. are you taking?  I worked for the school system for over 10 yrs.  We always kept extra sweaters/coats for that reason.  It's unbelievable how parents can put their kids on the school bus on a cold day, without a coat or sweater.  That's shocking though, no shoes!  Wow! 

To me IF I knew anyone, that I KNOW FOR SURE is doing this like a neighbor, I wouldn't hesitate to call CPS.  I would probably talk to them first, to make sure I knew their situation.  Maybe, offer to go out & buy their kids clothes or shoes.  But, if the parent got really rude with me....then I would call.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I agree with you on the driving and talking/texting. 

When I see little ones not dressed properly for the weather.  Yesterday, while leaving the dentist, a mom and her little one were making their way up the stairs to the office.   He was probably about 3.  No jacket on, only a short sleeve t-shirt.  No jacket in her hand either.  It was all of 20 degrees.  Then, I noticed he had no shoes on, only socks.   He was telling mom he was cold.  She told him to shush and get moving.

Now, I realize that i did not know the situation and I merely judged on what I did see.  Even so, I cringe when I see children who are not dressed appropriately for the weather.

Teens, or any one really, walking and texting or otherwise on their phones and not paying any damn attention to where they are going.

Rude people.  There is never any reason to be rude for the sake of being rude.

Anyone smacking gum.  Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kids running wild in any store.  

People eating in stores.  Meaning, grabbing some thing off the shelve while shopping and eating it.

Geesh, I could go on. lol  I am blaming it on the pain I am in, the headache I have and the pain meds.  

So there! 

*raspberry*

I had some bug a few days ago that turned in to sinus issues, which I have had a lot lately.  Then, what seemed to come out of no where I was in absolute pain due to a tooth.

I've had more issues with my teeth the past several months, more so than ever before.  Come to find out, which I should have known years ago, because my mouth (jaw structure) is so narrow and my pallet is so high, there is no room between my sinus cavities and my teeth, the roots and such.  My sinus issues have caused teeth issues and vice verse.  I have always had horrible teeth. *sigh*  

Any way..........I had a root canal yesterday.  I've had them before, just one a few months ago in fact.  Some times I have a difficult time getting numb.  Yesterday was one of those times.  It took several shots, including three on the roof of your mouth that hurt like of a SOB.  Several types of anesthesia was used.  Apparently I reacted to the mixture, or some thing.  Full blown panic attack.  It was awful.  Worse than awful.  That and not being able to breath out of my nose very well, it was a horrible experience.  My dentist is absolutely amazing, as is his staff.  I worked through it and he proceed with the root canal without the rubber thing over my face, which helped.  He allowed me to sit up now and again and just let me call the shots.  I have all of one wisdom teeth and he was going to remove it  yesterday as well but we decided to wait after the awful experience I had already dealt with.

The infection from the sinus issue and the tooth obviously had been brewing but was not caught until the toothache.  Because of the infection and the extensive work done, and all the damn drugs to get me numb, the right side of my face is swollen today and my mouth is very sore.  

But........in the midst of the panic attack I managed to tense up so badly that my back and my neck and arms reacted in such a way that it sent me to the ER last night. 

It has not been a good couple of days, to say the least.  Today I feel as if I am hung over and have the worst sinus pressure headache.  I would cry if it would not hurt so much.  

Just have to let the antibiotics do their job and take it easy.  I do not like pain meds but at this point, I am all for them as they have taken the edge off from the back pain, the headache and the work done on my tooth.

Ah, one way pain meds impact me............I tend to talk a lot.  Obviously that spills over in to my typing as well as I have written a short novel. lol

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I agree

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

People who choose not to work than bitch to me about how they are broke.

Bad drivers. People who have kids that are teased for being overweight and still buy junk food. People who do not own up to their words

Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Bad drivers...especially morning drop off at the high school.  I will work myself into a dither if I elaborate too much, but I have to tell you about Wed. morning.  A woman was too impatient for me to stop at a stop sign.  So she passed me on the left and then travelled on the wrong side of the street, beside me in my blind spot, until I finally saw her and stopped so she could get ahead of me.

And why do these people wait until their kids open the damned door and start to get out of the car to ask them if they have lunch money?  Actually, I have no idea wtf they're talking about.  I just know they should have talked about it before it was time to get out of the car and get out of my way.

Damn.  My adrenaline is kicking in just thinking about it.

As for the texting...I swear, some folks around here use EVERY stop sign as a 15 second texting stop.  And the other day, there was a lady stopped in the middle of the street in front of my house texting.  She didn't pull over.  She just blocked the whole street, totally oblivious (and yes, it WAS a big white SUV.) 

As for other people's kids...it's when folks have low expectations for perfectly competent children that I get riled up.  Picture it...the Cub Scout Thanksgiving dinner.  All the parents setting up chairs and tables, prepping food, taping up decorations.  And all the kids running around like screaming assholes until they're so bored they start destroying things and turning ordinary objects into weapons.  My bright idea...let's have the kids do some of this work.  The answer...why would they want to do that?  UGH!

squeekers
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM
4 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN