Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What annoys, upsets, ticks you off or angers you the most?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm basically a pretty calm & joyful indiviual.  I don't get upset that much.  But, I notice there are a few things that do get to me.  What things get to you the most?  Mine are:

1.  Driving & noticing someone's on their cell talking/texting.  Then on top of that, they are driving so crappy.  I want to honk or drive-by & wave my hand.  (signal to get off the phone).  But, I don't, I came close today though.

2.  Kids running around, playing with the toys in a store.  Once I saw this woman, she was talking to a couple of her friends/family.  Her child was throwing a fit.  I was standing nearby, & he just came up to me from the back & hit me. ?  The parent didn't do anything!  Not even a "I'm sorry".  OR make their child say "sorry".  The child continue throwing a fit, the mom continue talking.  Or when I see kids playing with a ball in the store or a toy.  Or kids alone in the toy section, while the parents aren't there. 

These 2 things is what really gets to me the most.  I guess, I could more.  So, I guess I'm glad it's only 2 lol.  Sometimes, I try to just ignore.  But, lately I find myself not being able to 'ignore' it. 

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Replies (51-60):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:55 PM
3 moms liked this

It would be easier to list the things that do not annoy me... 

Anyway, the major one is people voting to force their religious beliefs on the rest of the country

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM
3 moms liked this

One of my biggest annoyances on CM is when people telll others that they have no right to be in this country because they dont like what the other person is saying.

That is pure ignorance at it's finest.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Why does this make you angry?

Or when I see kids playing with a ball in the store or a toy.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't like when people talk or text on a cell while driving. I do feel a little safe in my car while they do that, but on my motorcycle? I've had to drive up right beside them and scream at them "get the fuck off the phone asshole".

Kids in stores? No, they don't bother me. I'm that crazy woman that talks to your kids in stores and doesn't blink an eye at reprimanding them either. haha

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Litterbugs, saran wrap, and Mondays

opal10161973
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM

When I lived in Las Vegas, there was a grocery store where the patrons would open up the food, eat some, and then put it back on the shelf or throw it on the floor.  I was so shocked.  I never shopped there again.  Who DOES that?

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I agree with you on the driving and talking/texting. 

When I see little ones not dressed properly for the weather.  Yesterday, while leaving the dentist, a mom and her little one were making their way up the stairs to the office.   He was probably about 3.  No jacket on, only a short sleeve t-shirt.  No jacket in her hand either.  It was all of 20 degrees.  Then, I noticed he had no shoes on, only socks.   He was telling mom he was cold.  She told him to shush and get moving.

Now, I realize that i did not know the situation and I merely judged on what I did see.  Even so, I cringe when I see children who are not dressed appropriately for the weather.

Teens, or any one really, walking and texting or otherwise on their phones and not paying any damn attention to where they are going.

Rude people.  There is never any reason to be rude for the sake of being rude.

Anyone smacking gum.  Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kids running wild in any store.  

People eating in stores.  Meaning, grabbing some thing off the shelve while shopping and eating it.

Geesh, I could go on. lol  I am blaming it on the pain I am in, the headache I have and the pain meds.  

So there! 

*raspberry*

opal10161973
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I hate it when people see me and think I eat a lot or that I am dumb, lazy, or a slob because I am fat.  I have medical conditions that made me this way.  No one wants me to weigh less more than I do. 

illegallyblonde
by Lawyerupbeeches on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Social injustice and child, elder, and animal abuse.

Pet peeves: not changing toilet paper roll, not taking out full garbage, people not cleaning up after themselves.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rotPferd
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I work in retail..that should explain it lol. And when kids play with the toys in my store, I will tell them to put it back where they found it if I catch them. Balls and running are a no-no and I will say so. I am more annoyed when ppl put their merchandise on the counter where I'm sorting ads, doing markdowns etc and there's a sign that says "please use other register". One of these days I'm gonna say something I shouldn't lol.

My ex also pisses me the hell off when he calls and makes demands or empty threats, or when he wants me to mediate between him and our eldest daughter. He can go to hell, hell, hell!

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I really get angry with bigots. I get annoyed with obnoxious teens and kids.

I am currently really irritated with some of the people I work with...there is a lot of backstabbing and blaming going on.  I have always tended to not bitch about them (one reason is because I am the top manager and if the others don't perform the owner blames me anyway, so I tend to go directly to the manager to speak to them about any issues.)

It made me so mad yesterday that I was shaking and tearing up.  At WORK.  Ugh they drive me nuts. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured