Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What annoys, upsets, ticks you off or angers you the most?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm basically a pretty calm & joyful indiviual.  I don't get upset that much.  But, I notice there are a few things that do get to me.  What things get to you the most?  Mine are:

1.  Driving & noticing someone's on their cell talking/texting.  Then on top of that, they are driving so crappy.  I want to honk or drive-by & wave my hand.  (signal to get off the phone).  But, I don't, I came close today though.

2.  Kids running around, playing with the toys in a store.  Once I saw this woman, she was talking to a couple of her friends/family.  Her child was throwing a fit.  I was standing nearby, & he just came up to me from the back & hit me. ?  The parent didn't do anything!  Not even a "I'm sorry".  OR make their child say "sorry".  The child continue throwing a fit, the mom continue talking.  Or when I see kids playing with a ball in the store or a toy.  Or kids alone in the toy section, while the parents aren't there. 

These 2 things is what really gets to me the most.  I guess, I could more.  So, I guess I'm glad it's only 2 lol.  Sometimes, I try to just ignore.  But, lately I find myself not being able to 'ignore' it. 

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Replies (61-70):
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Rude and inconsiderate people tick me off.

Parents who don't take their children's education seriously annoy me.

I also hate it when I'm talked down to
or ignored based on my
appearance. I'm not an idiot, and I'm
not a threat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
talia-mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Double dippers.

cammibear
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I just had this conversation this morning. Listening to a Christian radio show going off on people that go off on people that disagree with you. I agreed with much of what was said, but it eventually came down to defending a certain person and his book against those that have verbally disagreed with him and wrote books as to why. In the end they were doing the exact same thing they were ranting against.

Kinda like people who intolerantly go off on people they perceive as intolerant.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Now......how many of us here admit we've done any of these things?  It's ok if you don't want to say.  From the list I put down, no I don't do them.  But, sometimes I find it kinda funny, when 'some' people answer a question like this.  Yet, they do the same things, they are saying that bothers them the most about other people.  lol. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Oh man, I have quite a few:

1. Your in a parking  lot. You let a car pull out or you do some other nice gesture for another driver even though you have the right of way-and you don't get a wave, thank you, NOTHING.

2. Not using a blinker when clearly making a marked turn.

3. Women who call me hun. Hate it, especially if the person is ten years younger then me. 

4. Ordering food off the menu after you clearly explain something and the food arrives screwed up anyways. After you were nice (not rude) and explained how you wanted it cooked.

5. People driving while texting/talking on there cell phone. 

6. Rude people. 

7. Calling a hospital and the woman is questioning whether 'Pulmonary' is 'Respiratory'. How do you work in the medical field and NOT know this. Scary.

8. Lack of communication at my child's school. I guess I need to attend more PTA meetings.

9. Crazy people with lack of respect for anything or anyone. Example: My poor SIL taking the Subway home from work yesterday, all she did was innocently GLANCE at this woman and the said woman spit on my SIL. Hate the city!

I could go on and on and on but I'm annoyed right now enough as it is happy

surromama
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Do they still do that. I'm 39 and the only people trying to sell me are kids with cookies, fundraisers, etc. what a horrible job, Its like telemarketing door to door.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Door to door salesmen or women that won't take NO for an answer. I gave you your 5 minutes and listened politely, now GTFO off my lawn!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Quoting Naturewoman4:

What things get to you the most?

Off topic theads.    :-)

Ok, willful ignorance annoys me more.

Oddy_Knocky
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM

1. People talking and/or TEXTING while driving. Idiotic. 

2. People who don't use thier turn signal to turn or change lanes. 

3. Procrastination

4. Parents who dismiss their child's bullying behaviour. 

I admit I talk on my phone while driving on occasion if one of my kids calls while I'm on the road but I have blue tooth in my truck so my eyes and attention never leave the road. 

Photobucket

Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM

People who don't understand elevator procedures.  You have to let the people OFF before you get ON! 

And people who cut in front of kids on a line.  Pay attention, dammit!

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Willful ignorance.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Iconoclast
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like people who don't own their words or actions. If that's you then own it don't attempt to play new then get butt hurt when it's pointed out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)