Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Jodi Arias...I don't know why this case fasinates me...She fasinates me...(not in a good way)

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Anyone hear of this case?  She killed her ex-boyfriend in AZ.  They said she shot him in the face & stabbed him 27 times.  Slitting his throat. They said they're not sure yet, if she shot him first or stabbed him first.  I'm sure she shot him first.  Allowing her to do all the other things to him.  I heard of this case awhile ago, it happen in 6-2008. I don't know why it takes so long to bring people to trial.  Anyway, aparently they broke up.  He found a new girlfriend & was going away on a trip with her.  Yet, he still was having sex with this Jodi girl.  They were having sex the day this happen. 

She said it was self-defense.  I can see someone wanting to kill someone, when THEY feel they are being used sexually.  But, it takes two.  They're asking is this woman just another "Casey A"?  Will she get off?  She was seen 'smiling or laughing' at his funeral.  Driving hundreds of miles, to be with another man.  Not very long after killing Travis Alexander, her ex. 

I'm wondering does she have Mental Problem or just a horrible, horrible person.  Like Casey A.  Her personality (mental problems?) just fasinates me...

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashellbell
by shellbark on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell hath no fury....

She sounds demented.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:23 PM

What a fool.. Well.. she ruined HER life. 

I don't see anything fascinating about this case. 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I only heard her name recently, or rather, I read it some where.  

But I had no real idea about the case until I just read your post.

Some people, we will never be able to understand.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:50 PM

don't people get it? it's either the girl/boy friend or it's the husband/wife.

How about the guy who won a million dollar lottery and he receives his first installemnt check in the mail and the next day he is found dead. Cyanide posioning.

Yep. you guessed it. the wife did it. 

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I think after the first 18 stabs, it's probably not exactly self-defense anymore...

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:57 PM

What fasinates me about this young woman, is in her interviews.  She's either a really good actress or mentally ill.  I think it's the first.  She really feels the jury will never convict her.  She says it so casually.  I heard she is even going to take the stand.  She will get torn apart by the State, but will do very well when the defense questions her. 

What I keep thinking about, & yes it is murder.  But, how her ex was actually using her just for sex.  Maybe, in her head she thought he really cared about her.  Then, she ask him not to go on the trip the next day with his now g/f.  He refused.  So, I can just picture it.  Here they are in bed & then she goes into this rage.  Figuring, he has been using her just for sex.  Although, I hope she gets 1st degree murder, I feel it may send another messege.  A messege to guys out that, that uses women like this.  That something like this could happen to them.  The ex wasn't innocent in all of this.  imo.

Quoting LindaClement:

I think after the first 18 stabs, it's probably not exactly self-defense anymore...

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Well maybe not the case exactly, but the mind of this woman.  Is she mentally ill or just a woman scorn.  I guess I'm really into Psychology.  As a child. her mother said she ran away a lot.  So, aparently she had problems earlier in her life.  .

Quoting GOBryan:

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Most of these people who commit similar crimes, have mental disabilities. With that in mind, I suppose a reason for their behavior is futile to try and understand because it's simply an excuse they create in their minds that justifies their action to the point of logic despite popular belief. 

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well maybe not the case exactly, but the mind of this woman.  Is she mentally ill or just a woman scorn.  I guess I'm really into Psychology.  As a child. her mother said she ran away a lot.  So, aparently she had problems earlier in her life.  .

Quoting GOBryan:

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:43 PM

What's mind boggling for me is  that the timeline of each fatal injury  is the cornerstone of her defense.  Apparently being shot in the head or having your throat slit from ear to ear is not as important as being stabbed 27 times??  Was he not dead enough for this vicious beast? 

The prosecutors claim that he was first stabbed in the back while showering in a surprise attack, turned to defend himself, thus the frenzy of deep defense wounds on this forearms.  When she rendered him unable to defend himself any longer. she slit his throat and finished by shooting him in the head. 

This case has aggravatedme since watching her original interview on Inside Edition some years back.  Originally, she claimed a pair of ninja style assassins broke into the house and attacked TA while they allowed her to watch, snap 99 photos and escape unscathed.  Incredible.  This THIRD story she tells now is her last ditch effort to offer an explanation. 

I am not a supporter of the death penalty to be sure, but I honesly don't care what happens to her in this case.  Jail or death, whatever......

Quoting LindaClement:

JMmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Ninjas did it? Well that is a new one...

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

What's mind boggling for me is  that the timeline of each fatal injury  is the cornerstone of her defense.  Apparently being shot in the head or having your throat slit from ear to ear is not as important as being stabbed 27 times??  Was he not dead enough for this vicious beast? 

The prosecutors claim that he was first stabbed in the back while showering in a surprise attack, turned to defend himself, thus the frenzy of deep defense wounds on this forearms.  When she rendered him unable to defend himself any longer. she slit his throat and finished by shooting him in the head. 

This case has aggravatedme since watching her original interview on Inside Edition some years back.  Originally, she claimed a pair of ninja style assassins broke into the house and attacked TA while they allowed her to watch, snap 99 photos and escape unscathed.  Incredible.  This THIRD story she tells now is her last ditch effort to offer an explanation. 

I am not a supporter of the death penalty to be sure, but I honesly don't care what happens to her in this case.  Jail or death, whatever......

Quoting LindaClement:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN