Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Celebs Pregnancies and the media/Need to Vent

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am not a prude, nor one of those goody two shoes who think that I know what is best for all.  I honestly don't care what folks do, but there is one thing that bugs me the most.  I hate it when the media (which they have always done) try to push certain people up as if they are the best and we should love them and hate those who they deem unworthy.  IMO, the worst ones are now with the current pregnancies/on the pedestal treatment of Jessica S. and Kim K.  Why are they being chosen as the perfect specimens to be pregnant.  I noticed all of the fanfare for those two when it was announced that they are both pregnant.  Maybe it is because they chose to let all of their business out in the public.  Now a married actress and her hubby, Evan Rachel Woods and Jaime Bell are having their first child, and it was hardly a blip on the radar.  I guess since they don't live thru the media, they don't matter.  I guess what really burns me is that when I am trying to find out real news (like the fiscal cliff situation) the media (rather it is tv or computer) puts the celeb stuff as a priority instead of real stuff.  I know some folks will say well why do you click on it, well you don't have to when the headlines are "so and so" pregnant, etc.  I guess what really sort of bothered me this week is that there was an update on the Steubenville Rape and on the msn scrolling news it was on the sixth one instead of the first or second.  That concerns me. 

I am not that old, so I do remember a time when the news was called the news and not infotainment center.  That is what I miss the most.  I want to read real stories instead of the fluffy stuff.  I tend to read Huffington Post a lot because that keeps me up to date with a lot of real stories.  So please don't be too mean to me.  Thank you for letting me vent!!!

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I agree with you that real news should be prioritized higher than this stuff.

lga1965
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm with ya on this. I noticed that Evan Rachel Wood and her DH are expecting and that ,to me, was really sweet. The Kim K and Jessica S news made me just go "so what?". I was really disgusted about Kim K. SHe and her whole family are a bunch of jerks who make tons of money for being low-rent.She is still married to Chris Humphreys too!  Totally moronic woman.

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lga1965:

I'm with ya on this. I noticed that Evan Rachel Wood and her DH are expecting and that ,to me, was really sweet. The Kim K and Jessica S news made me just go "so what?". I was really disgusted about Kim K. SHe and her whole family are a bunch of jerks who make tons of money for being low-rent.She is still married to Chris Humphreys too!  Totally moronic woman.

Both of ya'll thank you for your response.  When I heard the Kim K. news I was like, uh why can't Khloe be the pregnant one, isn't she married and ttc?  This is what makes me believe that there is no god when folks who desire children can't have them and stupid idiots keep getting pregnant.  Very disturbing. 

livelaughlov26
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I agree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Lol. The media isn't putting Jessica Simpson on a pedestal. They shit talk her non stop about getting fat because she got up to 210 with her last pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Quoting Paperfishies:

Lol. The media isn't putting Jessica Simpson on a pedestal. They shit talk her non stop about getting fat because she got up to 210 with her last pregnancy.

Where are they talking shit about her because I haven't heard about it?  I know they talked about her being too fat the last time, but it hasn't been nonstop. They are practically gushing about her second pregnancy on entertainment tonight (don't watch it, mil watches it). 

CharMom23
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I agree with you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SWasson
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Every time someone clicks through on some entertainment news, it increases the chances that a similar story will be considered important news later on.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Stop watching entertainment news.

lga1965
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Exactly. I stopped watchng Entertainment Tonight a long time ago. WHat a dumb show.

"I've long known rage was a life saver. I learned it from my mentor Rush Limbaugh, because every time you look at him you gotta ask, 'How is he still alive?'" -- Stephen Colbert
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)