Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being alone is such a sad way to live life.....

Posted by   + Show Post

Yep, that is what some one said to me today.

I have no interest in a boyfriend.  The term 'boyfriend' sounds so hilarious to me, at my age. lol   But any way, I am happy being without.  I am not lonely and I do not consider myself 'alone'.  I am actually very well adjusted without a man.  

But time and again I have people telling me they find it to be sad, that I choose to be alone, that I may very well be alone the rest of my life. 

Why?

What is wrong with a woman making the conscience choice not to be involved with someone?  Am I supposed to find some man?  Why?  What for?

I find it sad that people feel a woman needs a man to be complete.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
PurdueMom
by Sherri on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm with ya, sister.

I've been married to the same man for 30 years, and I love him dearly.... but there are days when I dream about being alone.   It's not that he's needy, but if he's home, he feels like we have to be together.  It is wearing on me after 30 years.  lol

The other day we had an argument about getting a puppy.  Our sweet dog died in November.  I am ready to get another dog.  I miss a dog.   He isn't ready.  The fight escalated into me telling him at age 52 it really pisses me off that I still have to answer to or get permission from someone like he's my DAD.  He just looked at me like I had just sprouted a head full of snakes from my scalp.

Anyway, we still don't have a dog and I'm pissed at him all the time now.  

Allison, I envy you, actually.  lol

WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this

If you are happy that is all that matters. Who cares what anyone else thinks.

DivingDiva
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:59 AM

People are clueless sometimes.  If, God forbid, something ever happened with my relationship with DH, I would consider sticking bamboo under my fingernails before I would consider another romantic relationship.  I would probably get more enjoyment out of it, too. 

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Ther is a huge dfference between alone and lonely. You can be lonely surrounded by people. You do you, let them do them.
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Lady, we come in the world alone and we leave it alone.

The end.

nickysmom71
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:28 AM

If you're happy then who really gives a flying fuck what others think???  Go head' with ya bad ass single self...:0)

Peanutx3
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I understand.  I miss the companionship I had with Matt.  We had 20 years together, over half our lives.  Now sometimes I don't know what to do with myself because I am alone.  Then I realize I only feel alone at night when the kids have gone to bed.  I looked back and realized how much I enjoyed the days that Matt was at work and I realized if I enjoyed being alone then I can enjoy being alone again.  

I don't need a man to make my life complete but I admit that it is nice.  :)

Due9
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are happy then who cares what anyone thinks.

romalove
by Roma on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Alone is a relative term.

A woman with children and friends and extended family is not "alone".

Everyone has to go the path that works best for them.  

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this

Though I love DH at times I wish I were alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured