Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Isn't it sad that we do not hear all of the news......

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 40 Replies

Media Quiet About San Antonio Theater Shooting
Sunday, December 16, 2012
[]

On Sunday December 16, 2012, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his ex-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater.

The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It's like the Aurora, CO theater story plus a restaurant!

Now aren't you wondering why this isn't a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting?

There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. SHE pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened.

Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week. Just thought you'd like to know.
Source:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Two-wounded-in-theater-shooting-4122668.php#ixzz2GOP72zBX

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashellbell
by shellbark on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Yeah I heard about this when it happened. Thank goodness a trained officer was there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arimaur
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:28 AM
wow, I didnt know about this
masonmomma
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Well making a big deal if this would defeat the purpose.
pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:29 AM
3 moms liked this

I heard a "peep" about it and then it went dark.  Can you imagine if CBS, NBC and ABC really reported all of the news and not cherry pick what they want the public to know about?

Quoting ashellbell:

Yeah I heard about this when it happened. Thank goodness a trained officer was there.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM

There is quite a bit of news our MSM decides to ignore.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Tragedy > Tragedy avoided. 

romalove
by Roma on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:53 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting pvtjokerus:

I heard a "peep" about it and then it went dark.  Can you imagine if CBS, NBC and ABC really reported all of the news and not cherry pick what they want the public to know about?

Quoting ashellbell:

There was a thread in this forum on this topic.

It was covered by mainstream media.

It is a disingenuous lie put forth by people who are gun advocates that this was hidden.

It was presented as the newsworthy piece it was.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this

This was posted on CM-

So, not sad at all-

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM
3 moms liked this

It wasn't ignored by the media.  A quick search pulls up over 300 news stories on the shooting.  The media feeds consumers the stories they want to know about; and at the time, like it or not, people were looking for information on the mass shooting in Sandyhook. 

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I also read about this on the news as well as CM.  No cover ups going on here.  And Google is your friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)