Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I feel like I made the wrong decision.

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 41 Replies

Yea I kicked my cousin out on Saturday but I can't help but to feel bad for her baby. He can not live life bouncing around like that.  He is 4 months old and he has lived in 4 different places. I don't know what to do. I do not want to bring his mom back to my home just so he can have a stable home although I am considering it.  I can't take him in alone (his mother won't give him up anyway). SO probably wouldn't have that and even if he did we have no time for a baby and we live far from any serious babysitters.  I feel really bad now. I realize that I just didn't put out an ungrateful woman but an innocent baby. I feel conflicted.

Help me. 

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Why does she not have a place to live?  What about her husband, is he not returning on Monday?  Did he plan to move in with you as well?

AliKatAK47
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:07 PM

They were both living in my spare bedroom. He is coming back on Monday (at least that is what I am told).  She is still staying at the Holiday inn but if her hubby doesn't pay for them to stay by Tuesday at 12 then they will be put out of there. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Why does she not have a place to live?  What about her husband, is he not returning on Monday?  Did he plan to move in with you as well?

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:11 PM

what did she do that made you kick her and a baby out?

Two women pissing in the same patch with have problems....you need to set out rules and boundaries that need to be respected.  If she cant adhere to that then goodluck hope you do well.

I dont know if I would of kicked her out....but having had family and friends live with me, Im a bit more in tune with setting boundaries and rules for us all to get along.

AliKatAK47
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:17 PM

She pretty much shit on my gesture to fix her busted PC and make her a CM account by talking about me like a dog on this site. Not only that but she was lazy. She didn't do anything in the house and she would let her baby cry at all hours of the night when me and my SO had to go to work and my kids had to be in school. What really pissed me off was her pedophile comment in regards to my SO. 

Quoting turtle68:

Two women pissing in the same patch with have problems....you need to set out rules and boundaries that need to be respected.  If she cant adhere to that then goodluck hope you do well.

I dont know if I would of kicked her out....but having had family and friends live with me, Im a bit more in tune with setting boundaries and rules for us all to get along.

ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Well, I don't know your story but you could help her get into low income housing. Take her to a homeless shelter or women's shelter.

ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM

OOOO I think I read that one! Are you and hubby like 5-6 years apart?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

She pretty much shit on my gesture to fix her busted PC and make her a CM account by talking about me like a dog on this site. Not only that but she was lazy. She didn't do anything in the house and she would let her baby cry at all hours of the night when me and my SO had to go to work and my kids had to be in school. What really pissed me off was her pedophile comment in regards to my SO. 

Quoting turtle68:

AliKatAK47
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:25 PM

She has to go to a homeless shelter because a women's shelter wouldn't take her husband and she already gets section 8 but only for a little bit. They are hellbent on finding a place that s8 will pay all of it.   

There was an entire drama night on Saturday. Someone might fill you in.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Well, I don't know your story but you could help her get into low income housing. Take her to a homeless shelter or women's shelter.

AliKatAK47
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Me and my boyfriend are 5 years apart.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

OOOO I think I read that one! Are you and hubby like 5-6 years apart?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting turtle68:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I know it's difficult, as there is a child involved.  But to be honest, I would let them figure this out on their own.  They are responsible for their child and the situation in which they put themselves in.

If you allow her back in the home after what happened, you may be asking for more drama and trouble than it is worth.

Is there not some one else in the family, or her friends, that could lend her a hand?  It seems, however, that the hand that needs to help her is the one on the end of her arm, as well as her husband's.

Best of luck in what ever you do.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I understand.

I feel like she made her choice and you made yours. She and her s/o made some choices that left them in a tought situation. That isn't your fault. You can't save the world. This will likely be one of her tough life lessons that she will probably get through. Hopefully it will make her stronger and more appreciateive. Her baby will probably be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)