Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I feel like I made the wrong decision.

Posted by   + Show Post

Yea I kicked my cousin out on Saturday but I can't help but to feel bad for her baby. He can not live life bouncing around like that.  He is 4 months old and he has lived in 4 different places. I don't know what to do. I do not want to bring his mom back to my home just so he can have a stable home although I am considering it.  I can't take him in alone (his mother won't give him up anyway). SO probably wouldn't have that and even if he did we have no time for a baby and we live far from any serious babysitters.  I feel really bad now. I realize that I just didn't put out an ungrateful woman but an innocent baby. I feel conflicted.

Help me. 

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
Kimsd
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I read that post. I definitely wouldn't let her come back. Let her g to a shelter or find somewhere else to go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:58 PM

no why did you kick her out?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I would assume she is sleeping at the Holiday Inn my SO put her in. I don't know.

Quoting rayroe2:

What is she doing?

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I read that post and she really sounded like a crazy person, I was so sure that she was a troll! I would not let her back in, she has obviously had problems with other people, maybe she won't learn until she has burned all her bridges! Plus I would not want to live with a person that called my husband a pedophile, that's probably one of the most disgusting things you can call a person, and what if someone started to believe her?
opal10161973
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I saw both of the posts actually.  I think you are in the right on this one.  Stick to your guns.  You can't help everyone and it sounds like she needs a kick in the pants anyway.  She was using you and her DH didn't seem to have a problem with it either. 

CIO doesn't work on a baby that age and her excuse was that it wasn't CIO, which makes me think she was lying about everything she wrote.  She just said, Oh babies cry.  Yes, they do, but when you just let them wail at that age, they are crying for a good reason, for food or if their diaper needs changing, not for attention.  That is completely inappropriate for her to just let a baby cry and interrupt your sleep because she is too lazy to take care of her kid.  Made me want to strangle her through my computer. 

Self involved little twunt.  She needs a wake up call and taking her back in because you're concerned about her baby, is not the thing to do.  If you are concerned, you need to call DCF on her.  She needs some parenting classes or something.  She's an idiot.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Well so much for you being a "baby hater". I like you feel for the baby, but sometimes you have to let parents fall, so they learn and if they don't family or CPS need to jump in. You did the right thing; she is absolutely deplorable.   Last thing you need is someone buying her BS and investigate your home for no good reason. For your DD's sake she needs to stay gone. Hugs, I know it is not easy. I have my very own family drama queen. She burned every possible bridge and is now doing a lot better. Not perfect but way better.

AliKatAK47
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Because I was nice to her and let her in my house to stay with her husband and baby. I fixed her laptop so she could be on CM (because she was sooo interested when I was on it) and the 1st thing she did is talk about my family like dogs. Hell she called my SO a pedophile. She was on her way out anyway because she wouldn't do anything to help and her baby kept us up all night without her doing anything but what she did here hurt me. I spent all day wiping that thing. Then my SO fixed the wiring so she could open and close it. And he installed a new battery so the thing wouldn't die as soon as it was umplugged. She came here and bashed us. I felt like she spat on us. All that work and and she calls us names to a bunch of strangers.

Quoting rayroe2:

no why did you kick her out?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I would assume she is sleeping at the Holiday Inn my SO put her in. I don't know.

Quoting rayroe2:

What is she doing?

JasonsMom2007
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I read both of her posts and was wondering the outcome. I would have done the same thing. the fact that she expected you guys to prepare her food, care for her son, and your bf who she calls a pedophile to take care of her because he's the "man of the house". I was shocked!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM
2 moms liked this

You did the right thing. THe only thing you probably did wrong was not call Child Protective Services on her first.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

wave bye bye and hope the best for the baby.  That sort of negativity needs to be on the sidewalk...its unfixable IMO especially the feelings she holds for your SO...big no no.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

She pretty much shit on my gesture to fix her busted PC and make her a CM account by talking about me like a dog on this site. Not only that but she was lazy. She didn't do anything in the house and she would let her baby cry at all hours of the night when me and my SO had to go to work and my kids had to be in school. What really pissed me off was her pedophile comment in regards to my SO. 

Quoting turtle68:

what did she do that made you kick her and a baby out?

Two women pissing in the same patch with have problems....you need to set out rules and boundaries that need to be respected.  If she cant adhere to that then goodluck hope you do well.

I dont know if I would of kicked her out....but having had family and friends live with me, Im a bit more in tune with setting boundaries and rules for us all to get along.

kaylamom2004
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Wow. Petty internet bullshit. You're an amazing person!

Quoting AliKatAK47:

She pretty much shit on my gesture to fix her busted PC and make her a CM account by talking about me like a dog on this site. Not only that but she was lazy. She didn't do anything in the house and she would let her baby cry at all hours of the night when me and my SO had to go to work and my kids had to be in school. What really pissed me off was her pedophile comment in regards to my SO. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN