Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I feel like I made the wrong decision.

Posted by   + Show Post

Yea I kicked my cousin out on Saturday but I can't help but to feel bad for her baby. He can not live life bouncing around like that.  He is 4 months old and he has lived in 4 different places. I don't know what to do. I do not want to bring his mom back to my home just so he can have a stable home although I am considering it.  I can't take him in alone (his mother won't give him up anyway). SO probably wouldn't have that and even if he did we have no time for a baby and we live far from any serious babysitters.  I feel really bad now. I realize that I just didn't put out an ungrateful woman but an innocent baby. I feel conflicted.

Help me. 

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Since the baby annoys you with his crying, to the point of telling his mother to shut him up, being gone is probably the best thing.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:20 AM

You didn't do anything wrong. She need a big wake up call.

AliKatAK47
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Has nothing to do with the internet. It was her ungrateful attitude. I worked all day fixing her shit and the first thing she uses it for is to call me names on it. Without so much as a thank you. On top of that she.was lazy as hell. She contributed nothing to the upkeep of my house. Which I thought was the least she could do since I let her stay here rent free. Since you obviously have no clue what you are spewing out of your mouth then I suggest you keep it closed.

Quoting kaylamom2004:

Wow. Petty internet bullshit. You're an amazing person!

Quoting AliKatAK47:

She pretty much shit on my gesture to fix her busted PC and make her a CM account by talking about me like a dog on this site. Not only that but she was lazy. She didn't do anything in the house and she would let her baby cry at all hours of the night when me and my SO had to go to work and my kids had to be in school. What really pissed me off was her pedophile comment in regards to my SO. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:39 AM

i would be firm. she's a grown woman, she needs to figure things out for herself

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM

trust me, this was not "petty internet bullshit"

Quoting kaylamom2004:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

She pretty much shit on my gesture to fix her busted PC and make her a CM account by talking about me like a dog on this site. Not only that but she was lazy. She didn't do anything in the house and she would let her baby cry at all hours of the night when me and my SO had to go to work and my kids had to be in school. What really pissed me off was her pedophile comment in regards to my SO. 

nickysmom71
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Listen.....NOT YOUR PROBLEM....Say it with me now....NOT YOUR PROBLEM....

You let her stay - she talked shit, you threw her out....her kid, her responsibility....don't feel bad.

kaylamom2004
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Don't assume someone is going to do what you expect. STATE in the beginning what you expect of them if you're allowing them to live there rent-free. And don't have a computer for them to use. Period. They'll never do a damn thing if they have internet access. You knew who she was when you allowed them to move in.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Has nothing to do with the internet. It was her ungrateful attitude. I worked all day fixing her shit and the first thing she uses it for is to call me names on it. Without so much as a thank you. On top of that she.was lazy as hell. She contributed nothing to the upkeep of my house. Which I thought was the least she could do since I let her stay here rent free. Since you obviously have no clue what you are spewing out of your mouth then I suggest you keep it closed.

Quoting kaylamom2004:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

AliKatAK47
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I did state what I wanted. Guess I am not scary enough to listen to until I am putting your ass out. I told her from day one that she has to do things around the house and everyone has a job. She cooked once and washed the dishes once. I let that slide. I excused her for being tired with a new baby. My grandparents already put her out for not doing anything. I figured she learned her lesson.

I fixed the computer to get out of my hair. She wasn't doing anything so I wanted out from cluttering my living room. She already had a PC and it was broken so me and my SO fixed it. Spent damn near all day on it. Not like she wasn't on the internet on her phone all the time anyway.

Quoting kaylamom2004:

Don't assume someone is going to do what you expect. STATE in the beginning what you expect of them if you're allowing them to live there rent-free. And don't have a computer for them to use. Period. They'll never do a damn thing if they have internet access. You knew who she was when you allowed them to move in.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting kaylamom2004:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Since the baby annoys you with his crying, to the point of telling his mother to shut him up, being gone is probably the best thing.

I read a lot of the other thread before it was removed. IMO the OP wasn't annoyed so much with the crying infant as much as she was with the mother who felt a 4 month old should cry it out. I'm not making excuses I'm just lending my thoughts on the situation.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting kaylamom2004:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I see that you keep going back to the whole internet, cafemom, she-talked-shit-on-you thing.

Let it go.

There's no reason for your to defend yourself by condemning her. It's hurtful to find out that a person you've helped in very gracious ways is ungrateful and perpetuating drama and lies for petty reasons.  It's likely tht your cousin felt powerless in a situation she felt she had no control over. If she had turned to empowering herself instead of being ungrateful toward you the situation would have been different for her. Her choice. She has to live with the consequences of her own actions.

You have every right to be hurt by what she did. For your own peace of mind let it go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)