Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Joliet Strangulation Murders: 4 Young Adults Arrested In Horrific Double Murder

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM
  • 30 Replies

Four suspects were arrested Friday in a brutal double murder in suburban Chicago.

Alisa Massaro, 18; Bethany McKee, 18; Adam Landerman, 19 and Joshua Miner, 24, all of Joliet, Ill., have been arrested in the robbery and strangulation deaths of two 22-year-old males, Eric Glover and Terrence Rankins, Patch reports. Landerman is the son of a Joliet police sergeant.

According to police, the four youths intended to rob Glover and Rankins when they lured him to a home in the 1100 block of North Hickory Street in Joliet, strangled them to death and proceeded to "party" and play video games together on Thursday. According to Patch, there is evidence that the four suspects intended to dismember their victims.

video

Joliet Strangulation Murders
Clockwise from top left: Alisa Massaro, Joshua Miner, Bethany McKee and Adam Landerman. The four Joliet, Ill. young adults have each face six charges of first-degree murder in the deaths of Eric Glover and Terrence O. Rankins.

According to the Chicago Tribune, police responded around 4 p.m. Thursday at the home, where they discovered the bodies of Glover and Rankins. The four suspects were ordered held in lieu of $10 million bail in connection with the brutal crime, NBC Chicago reports.

Joliet Police Chief Mike Trafton described the crime scene as "one of the most brutal, heinous and upsetting things I've ever seen in my 27 years of law enforcement," according to the Sun-Times.

The murders have devastated the families of the victims, who last saw their loved ones Wednesday evening.

"It's demonic. This is evil," Jamille Kent, Rankins' mother, told ABC Chicago. "He is 22 years old. He didn't get to live his life because of sick people."

Miner is the only one of the four suspects with a criminal background, including a 2010 arrest for residential burglary. The suspects and their victims were reportedly "friends," police told Patch.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM

What in the HELL would make "normal" people just SNAP like that on "friends" then continue to play video games while plotting on dismembering their bodies???

CrazyLife1996
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
There are no words for people like this. Disgusting
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM

All of them look so pleasant.  At there ages they should be either attending college or working.  Busy hands and minds don't have time to rob and murder innocent people.  Just want to slap each one. Ugh!

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Looking at their mug shots in the four square reminds me of when four other teens killed another young man some years ago. 

One was the son of a police sergeant ...I wonder if that is the one that left before the police showed up.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Another crime where I will never understand the sick minds of those who committed the crime.

How incredibly sad for the families. 

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

It's hard to comprehend the depravity of our youth seemingly without a conscience.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

It's hard to comprehend the depravity of our youth seemingly without a conscience.

I second that!

And to the pp above, these are NOT normal people.

This is heartbreaking and terrifying.

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Normal was in quotes as in so called normal

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I second that!

And to the pp above, these are NOT normal people.

This is heartbreaking and terrifying.

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

What in the HELL would make "normal" people just SNAP like that on "friends" then continue to play video games while plotting on dismembering their bodies???

They are not normal. They have no home training and they think they can get away with stuff because one of them is the child of the police sergeant.  I hope they fry.  I am sick to death of folks who I know are going to say, they were on drugs, drinking, mental, don't care.  They killed two folks for nothing.  This is why I believe in the death penalty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)