Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What happens to your e-life when you die?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:10 PM
  • 30 Replies

I came across a post from someone who died last year and was surprised to find that her account was still active.

Do you have a plan for what should happen to your e-life if something happens to you?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfurlongg
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I had honestly never thought about it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:12 PM
uh. no. but everything is logged in . so I'm sure someone will figure out something to do with it. I won't care. I'll be dead. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:12 PM
6 moms liked this

I'm sure my great grandkids will be googling my name and finding topless photos of me online for the next 200 years....

thecoffeefairy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Lol

Quoting Woodbabe:

I'm sure my great grandkids will be googling my name and finding topless photos of me online for the next 200 years....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I will ask my dd to eliminate my accounts.  I hate being on facebook and seeing dead people repotedly playing games or "liking" pages or to see their birthday announced.  It very hard to see in some cases.

MeAndTommyLee
by Angie on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Don't have much of one.  I'm here on CM, but don't do FB, Twitter or whatever else there is..  I have an email that I check every couple of months -- it's actually been  deactivated a few times.  LOL  

I don't `share' much to begin with and never post photos and details of my life.  If I have something to say to my kids, I prefer the phone (landline one, you guess it).  

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Woodbabe:

*Goes to google* :)

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

After telling close family members and friends, my husband would probably post my death on facebook. 

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I still have Matt's facebook open and his email account is still active.  I haven't been able to cancel any of it yet although I am getting close to deactivating his email account.  The only stuff coming in now is stuff he subscribed to so nothing important.  I will probably keep his Facebook active for awhile longer.  He still has friends that post thoughts of him there and I don't want to take that away from them.

I don't use his account for posting though.  I do find it a little disturbing when I see a facebook post from a dead person. 

Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:06 PM
4 moms liked this
My sister will change my status to "chillin' with Jesus"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)