Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Did you feel this way about your baby when he/she was born? *Edit* Poll added for fun!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 55 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: How do you feel about your baby?

Options:

My baby is cuter than yours and you are probably jealous

My baby is cute, but I don't care to notice if you are jealous

Meh, my baby is cute...but no cuter than any other baby

My baby looks like an alien

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

Sorry, but there's no contest: I've got the most beautiful baby

10 hours ago

When my son was born, I truly believed he was the most beautiful baby, ever.

A face only a mother could love?
Jonathan Dube
A face only a mother could love? No joke: As a new mom I wholeheartedly believed this wrinkled little alien baby face was the most gorgeous sight on the planet, to the extent that I actually thought other moms would be jealous.

Every mom thinks that, but I may have taken it to the extreme. I remember lying in my hospital bed and actually feeling sorry for the other women on the maternity ward, because clearly my child was so much more gorgeous than any other baby on the planet. I seriously spent valuable minutes worrying about how bad they must feel.

Wow, post-partum bonding hormones are really something, aren't they?

Don't get me wrong -- my son was, and is, adorable. But looking back on the photos of his newborn days with a slightly more objective eye, I have to acknowledge that he looked pretty much like every other newborn: Like a wrinkly, skinny, slightly annoyed little alien.

No doubt there's an evolutionary biology explanation for my new-baby goggles (the equivalent of beer goggles for a woman who hasn't had a drink in nine months). In prehistoric times, women who thought their babies were amazingly beautiful may have been a little more attentive and a little less likely to feed a crying baby to a saber-toothed tiger. Thus, children of mothers with the beautiful-baby delusion would be more likely to survive and pass on their delusional DNA. Call it survival of the cutest.

Naughty Wittle Puppy

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I had those exact same feelings.....of being sorry for the other moms with the baby that wasn't as cute as mine.

LOL

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

It actually extended into toddler hood..feel that way at the park even still.

Hey! My baby is cuter than yours! LOL

LaughingTattoo
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I did but I have proof from the numerous people who saw my babies right after birth lol. Especially my oldest. She was literally perfect in everyway. But I dont expect them to come out that way lol....I know that most babies are......interesting looking when born.

Im pregnant now with my husbands first kid. Ive tried to explain to him how the baby may not be cute when it comes out but he swears there is no way we could make an ugly baby...lol

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought my son was legitimately cute. But not better looking than other babies and I didn't think other moms would be jealous. He's always been a good looking kid. I wonder how long that will last. The teen years are make or break. 

jehosoba84
by Jenn on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this

No way. When my son was born, I was thinking 'poor thing' lol. He was nowhere near as beautiful as his sister was. My husband lovingly described him as looking like a treasure troll. Anyone remember those? lol

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

With my daughter no, with my son yes.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

God love my youngest but when she was born, she was not cute.  She grew in to it. lol

jehosoba84
by Jenn on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I should add, the poor kid did have alot to live up to. My first really was beautiful when she was born.

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought both of mine were just out of this world cute lol.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM

When I found out I was having another girl I actually felt really sad for her. I mean, how could she EVER be as beautiful and perfect as her big sister? Then she was born..and I have to say that I am glad there is a decent year span between them because watch out for lil' sis! She is a knock out..

And yes, I KNOW all the other moms at the park have to be jealous. LOL.

Quoting jehosoba84:

I should add, the poor kid did have alot to live up to. My first really was beautiful when she was born.

Naughty Wittle Puppy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN