Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

most romantic thing you've received on Valentines day?

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this
My dh romances me throughout the year.
But last year he made a special dinner for me an my 2 little girls (they are from a previous marriage). And he made a sangria for the adults. And gave the girls sparkling cider in a special glass with a strawberry in it, and gave them both a stuffed animal and a card and a chocolate rose. They were so excited.

Nothing sexier than a daddy who loves his kids. :)
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this

I would say it was the home made dinner of steak, lobster, potatoes, salad and wine,that my husband and kids made. They had the table set and ready when I got home from work. My husband has given me jewelry and all that jazz for Valentines day over the years and I think this one was the best.

Oh and.... lol Lobster ninja. hahaha

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Oh yum. You can never go wrong with steak and lobster.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

I would say it was the home made dinner of steak and lobster that my husband and kids made. They had the table set and ready when I got home from work. My husband has given me jewelry and all that jazz for Valentines day over the years and I think this one was the best.

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
caito
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:28 AM

We aren't big on Valentine's Day. The only gift I ever receieved was a gift set from B&BW. It was awesome and expensive though, so it wasn't a copout gift. It came in a big red and pink heart. I still have the heart, I keep keepsakes from when we were dating in it. :) 

My husband hates Valentine's Day. He says it's spitting in the face of every single person ever. He says he remembers what it was like when he was single and alone on Valentine's Day. I'm a romantic at heart, but I don't expect anything and I don't think it's a big deal.

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:28 AM

My husband's idea of romance is grabbing my ass.

Valentine's Day was only slightly celebrated in my house...as in he would buy me a nice gift. Well, he would ask me what I want and he would buy it. Last year, however, my FIL passed away on Valentine's Day so I expect that we will mark the day in rememberance of my FIL on the one year anniversary since his passing.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I'll jump on this bandwagon.  There is nothing I hate worse than false or overwrought "romance."  You know what I think is romantic?  My husband got up early today, made breakfast and coffee and cleaned up the kitchen before I even had my teeth brushed.  I just about jumped him right there.  ; )

Quoting LindaClement:

Yeah... I have to admit that an awful lot of it would just make me laugh out loud...

Quoting UpSheRises:

I don't know what romance is. The things people call romantic seem really corny and embarassing to me.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Rob sent me a figurine of Eeyore and a dozen roses at work while he was deployed. c:

When he originally ordered it, he thought it was a stuffed animal, but, hey! I love it! :D

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I can't remember anything so it must not have made an impression.  I think it is a stupid holiday, just makes the lonely feel lonlier.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM

That looks delicious!  I have an identical tablecloth in a burgandy-red color.  

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

I would say it was the home made dinner of steak, lobster, potatoes, salad and wine,that my husband and kids made. They had the table set and ready when I got home from work. My husband has given me jewelry and all that jazz for Valentines day over the years and I think this one was the best.

Oh and.... lol Lobster ninja. hahaha

LindaClement
by Linda on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate the forced, contrived 'romance' of it --doesn't matter if you feel it or not, today's the ONLY day that counts. Barf.

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting LindaClement:

My husband isn't allowed to play along with VD.

It hate it. It makes me angry.

Me too...It really gets on my nerve when I see others wanting or paying for crap that they could freely give on ANY day of the year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured