Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

most romantic thing you've received on Valentines day?

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Replies (41-50):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Yup.

Quoting wickedfiress:

Me too, along with wondering if the person knew me at all to think I would enjoy that sort of thing.

Quoting LindaClement:

Yeah... I have to admit that an awful lot of it would just make me laugh out loud...

Quoting UpSheRises:

I don't know what romance is. The things people call romantic seem really corny and embarassing to me.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup.

As I've long said: pick me a pretty wildflower on the way home because it made you think of me and you'll win. Buy me a single rose 'because it's Valentine's Day' and you'll have to put your hair out.

Quoting stacymomof2:

I'll jump on this bandwagon.  There is nothing I hate worse than false or overwrought "romance."  You know what I think is romantic?  My husband got up early today, made breakfast and coffee and cleaned up the kitchen before I even had my teeth brushed.  I just about jumped him right there.  ; )

Quoting LindaClement:

Yeah... I have to admit that an awful lot of it would just make me laugh out loud...

Quoting UpSheRises:

I don't know what romance is. The things people call romantic seem really corny and embarassing to me.

radioheid
by Libertarian on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I don't think I've ever celebrated Valentine's Day. Stupid and corny. And like another said, a lot of the crap described as "romantic" would make me LOL and/or face-palm.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I got a little wooden and a toy shovel. The chest was filled with sand and had an X on the top. I dug into the sand with the shovel and found two tickets to Sandals resort in Jamaica. It was the same year as our 5 year anniversary, so that was the dates on the tickets.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:17 PM

That is awesome!

Quoting NWP:

I got a little wooden and a toy shovel. The chest was filled with sand and had an X on the top. I dug into the sand with the shovel and found two tickets to Sandals resort in Jamaica. It was the same year as our 5 year anniversary, so that was the dates on the tickets.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:25 PM

My Lady Smith :)

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:28 PM

That's a beauty.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks. I posted it on my FB page a couple years ago. The responses were all over the board. lol

Quoting Euphoric:

That's a beauty.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I can tell you the most UN-romantic- but the most romantic? Nope. I have nothing.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Nice wood grain and laminant.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)