Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Help! I'm drowning w/th flu shot ,debate posts!/edit*

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM
  • 2 Replies

Get a flu shot.  Don't get a flu shot.   If yourjob requires it,either get it or f ind a newjob.

Everyone has,or knows someone who has  had a f lu shot and got the flu/Peachy.

I think we have covered all sides of the story.IMO.

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I thought only certain professions require you to have a flu shot.  The Health Care profession.  I started getting my flu shot, when I was working around children, over 10 yrs. ago.  When I did that, I never hardly got sick. 

When I did it was only once a yr. & not very bad.  :)  So, I continued getting the flu shot after that.  Sure, one can still get sick, but I feel (at least for me) it's not as often or severe.  It's just a decision one makes, it's up to you.  Usually after getting the shot, I feel alittle off for a few days.  I know some people say that, when they get the shot they get sick & it's more severe.  So, I say if you're doing ok without it, then continue.  But, if you get sick a lot or severe, I would give it a try then decide.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Every single person I have met who got a flu shot still got the flu. That's anecdotal evidence yes. However, I don't think people should lose their jobs over refusing to take a flu shot. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)