Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Snooki Is Breastfeeding Baby Lorenzo the Hard Way (PHOTO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you exclusively pump breast milk for your baby?

Options:

Yes! In fact I have. It's my perferred way to BF.

Only as a last resort

Hell no! I'd rather FF

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 116

View Results

Posted by Jeanne Sager
on September 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Snooki LorenzoYou gotta love Snooki for always being honest -- sometimes brutally honest, but still, you always know where the Jersey Shore star stands. And when it comes to breastfeeding, Snooks has always been clear that she was a little uneasy. But one month into little Lorenzo's life, she's already learned one of the most important keys to being a good parent: you figure out what works for you and your baby.

So when it comes to breastfeeding, Snooki has decided to go with the bottle. Bottles of pumped breast milk that is.

Snooki has Tweeted several times over the past few days about how she makes this whole thing work, including photos of her cutie sucking down his bottle, photos of her new breast pump, and explaining to fans that breastfeeding has helped her lose the baby weight.

And when one fan criticized her for not "putting your babe on your boob," Snooks kept it short and sweet. She said she's pumping because she's filming. Which could mean a million different things: maybe she's spending time away from Lorenzo and she needs to build up a supply of milk for someone else to feed him. Or maybe she's not comfortable breastfeeding in front of millions of TV viewers. Or maybe, well, who cares. She's making it work, and isn't that all that matters? 

There is no shame in choosing breast, bottle, OR pumping. For the latter, it could be pumping sometimes or pumping every single drop of breast milk that they get, but the only thing that matters is that these moms are trying their best.

I know a few moms whose kids had breast milk exclusively from bottles, and the women will all tell you it was a lot of work. Not only did they have to spend the time most of us would spend actually feeding their babies, but they also had to spend that extra time pumping. They were exhausted!

But they all did it for the same reason Snooki initially broached pumping back when she was pregnant and feeling a little uneasy about breastfeeding: "because it's the best nutrients for baby." That sounds like being a good mom to me! Fist pumps for Snooki for making it work!

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Thank you :-)

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Good article Pagan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

celestegood
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for both of us then lol I pumped full time so he could get my milk when he was in the picu for his airway surgery. It isn't the easy way out for sure, but it is what's best for baby.

Quoting paganbaby:

Good for you too! I pumped for months while I worked and yeah it did suck. I can't imagine having to do it full time :-/

Quoting celestegood:

Wow. Good for her. I wish her luck. I have pumped for months with Elijah and it is not easy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Who cares how she is feeding her child? Her child, her chocie. No one elses business.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I pumped some when my DD was little and would get 12 oz. in a pumping in 10 min. so it wasn't a big deal for me to pump. 

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Damn woman! LOL I wish I produced like that.

Quoting smalltowngal:

I pumped some when my DD was little and would get 12 oz. in a pumping in 10 min. so it wasn't a big deal for me to pump. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Part of the reason I produced so much was because my DD was such a pig. At 11 months old, I took her to a pizza buffet and she had 6 pieces of pizza in one sitting. She still lost 1 oz. between her 6 month and 12 month appointment even with eat 2 adult plates of food at each meal. 

Quoting paganbaby:

Damn woman! LOL I wish I produced like that.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:37 PM
People should mind their own business. I usually find mothers who criticize other mothers are lacking themselves.
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I pumped and bottle fed my first child for the first 5-6 weeks. She would not latch properly and would scream if it took more than a few minutes for let down to happen.

With my second I breastfed almost exclusively for 6 months.

3lilladies81
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM
It was SO much work!! My first two just wouldn't latch and finally my third took the breast good, but I still had to pump bc I was taking 2nd DD to the hospital 3X a week for bloodwork.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:44 PM

who cares so long as the baby is fed and healthy???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)