Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Snooki Is Breastfeeding Baby Lorenzo the Hard Way (PHOTO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you exclusively pump breast milk for your baby?

Options:

Yes! In fact I have. It's my perferred way to BF.

Only as a last resort

Hell no! I'd rather FF

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 116

View Results

Posted by Jeanne Sager
on September 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Snooki LorenzoYou gotta love Snooki for always being honest -- sometimes brutally honest, but still, you always know where the Jersey Shore star stands. And when it comes to breastfeeding, Snooks has always been clear that she was a little uneasy. But one month into little Lorenzo's life, she's already learned one of the most important keys to being a good parent: you figure out what works for you and your baby.

So when it comes to breastfeeding, Snooki has decided to go with the bottle. Bottles of pumped breast milk that is.

Snooki has Tweeted several times over the past few days about how she makes this whole thing work, including photos of her cutie sucking down his bottle, photos of her new breast pump, and explaining to fans that breastfeeding has helped her lose the baby weight.

And when one fan criticized her for not "putting your babe on your boob," Snooks kept it short and sweet. She said she's pumping because she's filming. Which could mean a million different things: maybe she's spending time away from Lorenzo and she needs to build up a supply of milk for someone else to feed him. Or maybe she's not comfortable breastfeeding in front of millions of TV viewers. Or maybe, well, who cares. She's making it work, and isn't that all that matters? 

There is no shame in choosing breast, bottle, OR pumping. For the latter, it could be pumping sometimes or pumping every single drop of breast milk that they get, but the only thing that matters is that these moms are trying their best.

I know a few moms whose kids had breast milk exclusively from bottles, and the women will all tell you it was a lot of work. Not only did they have to spend the time most of us would spend actually feeding their babies, but they also had to spend that extra time pumping. They were exhausted!

But they all did it for the same reason Snooki initially broached pumping back when she was pregnant and feeling a little uneasy about breastfeeding: "because it's the best nutrients for baby." That sounds like being a good mom to me! Fist pumps for Snooki for making it work!

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I did it as a last resort.  My son that was born with heart defects could not nurse because his pulse and respirations were too rapid and he could not get the suck, swallow, breathe pattern down to maintain a proper latch and nurse. 

I pumped every 2 hours, 24 hours per day for 6 months.  It was MISERABLE!  I wouldn't ever choose to do that unless I had to.

GLWerth
by Gina on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Shows some dedication. My first boy wouldn't latch on and I pumped for 5 months. It was hard, but we managed.

I'm actually surprised by this, in a good way.

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for her. I bfd for 3 months then went exclusively to formula.

momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Was hoping to see some Snooki boob

jlo1313
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Meh, I pumped exclusively for months with 1st child because she had a latching issue that nearly destroyed my nipples and then never would latch because I caved and gave her a bottle, because who wants a hungry, screaming baby?  As long as they have figured out what works best for them, good for them!

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I did for 6 weeks because my baby was hospitalized.

vetNmommy
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Good for her!  I exclusively pumped for my twins.  They were born at 29 weeks and were in the NICU.  I pumped for 6 months. It worked for us.  I also had a 15 month old son. I was also in the Army, so I was proud of myself for pumping for two babies!

Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:59 PM
wow. Well good for her for making it work. I know how hard it is to pump none stop for a baby cuz i had to do that for jr for months cuz i couldn't get him to latch on at all and believe me I tryed like crazy... For once I will say good job snookie...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed. I'm happy for her either way. I shudder at the thought of me doing that though.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

I wouldn't do it except as a last resort, but at least he's getting breastmilk!! 

Due9
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Pumping breastmilk all day is very time-consuming! It takes a dedicated mom for this. I say, "Go snooki!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)