Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Snooki Is Breastfeeding Baby Lorenzo the Hard Way (PHOTO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you exclusively pump breast milk for your baby?

Options:

Yes! In fact I have. It's my perferred way to BF.

Only as a last resort

Hell no! I'd rather FF

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 116

View Results

Posted by Jeanne Sager
on September 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Snooki LorenzoYou gotta love Snooki for always being honest -- sometimes brutally honest, but still, you always know where the Jersey Shore star stands. And when it comes to breastfeeding, Snooks has always been clear that she was a little uneasy. But one month into little Lorenzo's life, she's already learned one of the most important keys to being a good parent: you figure out what works for you and your baby.

So when it comes to breastfeeding, Snooki has decided to go with the bottle. Bottles of pumped breast milk that is.

Snooki has Tweeted several times over the past few days about how she makes this whole thing work, including photos of her cutie sucking down his bottle, photos of her new breast pump, and explaining to fans that breastfeeding has helped her lose the baby weight.

And when one fan criticized her for not "putting your babe on your boob," Snooks kept it short and sweet. She said she's pumping because she's filming. Which could mean a million different things: maybe she's spending time away from Lorenzo and she needs to build up a supply of milk for someone else to feed him. Or maybe she's not comfortable breastfeeding in front of millions of TV viewers. Or maybe, well, who cares. She's making it work, and isn't that all that matters? 

There is no shame in choosing breast, bottle, OR pumping. For the latter, it could be pumping sometimes or pumping every single drop of breast milk that they get, but the only thing that matters is that these moms are trying their best.

I know a few moms whose kids had breast milk exclusively from bottles, and the women will all tell you it was a lot of work. Not only did they have to spend the time most of us would spend actually feeding their babies, but they also had to spend that extra time pumping. They were exhausted!

But they all did it for the same reason Snooki initially broached pumping back when she was pregnant and feeling a little uneasy about breastfeeding: "because it's the best nutrients for baby." That sounds like being a good mom to me! Fist pumps for Snooki for making it work!

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not give a shit what she feeds her baby. Or how.

ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I didn't see the choice of "who cares".

Princess_s21
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:39 AM

whatever works for them

Mortiferouslatt
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Pumping doesn't keep my supply up enough and is painful. I'd probably only do it for a short while and then formula feed if I couldn't feed on the breast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dustinsmom1
by JENN on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Im not a breastfeeding nazi, so while im glad to see she is, I really dont care how other women choose to feed their children.

LaughingTattoo
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:55 AM
4 moms liked this

Honestly, Im simply floored than I can say the words impressed and Snooki in the same sentence. Most people with her entitled, spoiled, party girl attitude make horrible parents. They dont change. She has. And the bit Ive heard about the girl and her outlook on relationships, babies, and housework make me (kinda) change the way I see her.

For whatever reason she chose not to BF (on the boob), she could have just bought formula. Lord knows it would be easier and quicker than the way shes doing it. And it isnt about not affording to get the formula, she honestly wants to do whats best for her baby regardless of the work and inconviniance involved.

Awesome

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I don't see why it even matters. Why would the BF-moms be up in arms? The kid is getting breast milk- isn't that the whole point?!

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Whatever works for them.

I am curious as to why this is the hard way. I guess I understand it requires more effort than just sticking baby to boob but to call it the hard way seems strange to me.

Emiliush
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I pump my milk... it's my first baby, breastfeeding is hard and takes soo longggg until he start sucking on it... but i dont think pumping your breast is bad!!!! its the same milk... and pumping is better than giving formula!!!!!!

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Pumping hurt way too much to be a sustainable option here. Baby on boob didn't hurt though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)