Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama threatens to withhold Active Duty military paychecks...again.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 161 Replies

This is not right.  I find it unconsciounable the Commander in Chief would threaten to withhold the checks that pay the rent and put food on the table of our troops.  Would you want to be at war and having to wonder how your family was going to pay the rent or buy a loaf of bread?

Just for the record....he is threatening to withhold Social Security and Military Pensions as well.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/01/14/troop-pay-vet-checks-at-risk-over-deficit-fight.html#.UPX5TUqrzU8.facebook 

Veterans' checks could be delayed and active-duty troops may not get paid if the ongoing battle between the White House and Republican-led Congress results in a government shutdown over the debt ceiling, President Obama said Monday.

Though the Department of Veterans Affairs and Pentagon were not discussed in any detail during the roughly 40-minute White House press conference, veterans and troops – along with Social Security recipients – topped the list of those Obama said will be adversely affected by a government shutdown.

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:17 PM
13 moms liked this
congress isnt willing to approve the debt ceiling raise to pay exhisting debt....if there is no money payments cant happen...maybe the repub congress should think about who they are hurting the President or the american people....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jlo1313
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM
4 moms liked this

Seems consistent with where his priorities lie once again.

momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM

ehhhh happens all the time as we are currently operating under a continuing resolution for funding...read the enlistment contract and see that you can serve without payment.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:27 PM
9 moms liked this

I love how its the 'Republican Congress' causing the problems. Nice slant.

lga1965
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:29 PM
4 moms liked this

So I guess the Repubs had better move on this and stop being so difficult.

This really sounds like scare tactics though. It won't happen. Its an old story.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Quoting Woodbabe:

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
they have been obstructionist jackasses.....guess since my answer didnt have it's President Obama's fault cuz you know he is blamed for shit that isn't his fault

Quoting Woodbabe:

jlo1313
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:46 PM
5 moms liked this

Where are his spending cuts to get this thing done?  

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

they have been obstructionist jackasses.....guess since my answer didnt have it's President Obama's fault cuz you know he is blamed for shit that isn't his fault

Quoting Woodbabe:

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:47 PM
5 moms liked this

They have ALL been obstructionist jackasses...trying to play politics by pointing fingers at 'the other team' doesn't make them any less guilty of the same tactics.

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't really think Obama is making a threat. I think he is explaining the various payments we can't make without raising the debt ceiling. He's being honest.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN