Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you see this as positive or negative?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 161 Replies

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katy_kay08
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM
23 moms liked this

My brain is still a bit fuzzy so I'm going to admit I'm not clear what exactly you are asking.  I'm going to say that any group that causes massive anal twitching in right wing extremists is a group I can support.  

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM
4 moms liked this
Considering my knowledge of having been a girl Scout and having worked at a few girl Scout camps and having never seen any of this or heard anything about it. I just don't know. I do remember seeing an article a few years back about people in Texas boycotting the cookies because of the affiliation with planned parenthood though.
I will say the only time I have seen this stuff is in posts online with no source.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM
14 moms liked this
If it were true I would support it. I am pro choice, pro sex education, and pro gay rights.
terpmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Positive as I've actuall no problem with inclusive policies (trans kids) or open honest communication about sex and relationships (real talk) and honestly a lot of good female role models tend to be liberal...

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting katy_kay08:

My brain is still a bit fuzzy so I'm going to admit I'm not clear what exactly you are asking.  I'm going to say that any group that makes causes massive anal twitching in right wing extremists is a group I can support.  

It ws meant to be negative but I'm decidedly positive it backfired for the people that intended for it to be jaw dropping and over whlemingly 'shocking'!

surprised

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Pro-abortion? Is anyone really pro-abortion? Surely they jest.

I'd have to see this Journey book to say whether I agree with it or not, but I am not an extreme leftist so I probably won't.

As far as the explicit sex ed, it would depend on what age it began. My daughter is a Brownie and I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be talking about sex this year.

As with any group, it will have it's pros and cons. I also think it depends where you live and who your troup leader is. My daughters leader is very conservative and they often sing religious songs at the meetings. So far we are happy with our Brownie group.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM

This. 

Quoting sammygrl77:

If it were true I would support it. I am pro choice, pro sex education, and pro gay rights.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I support the Girl Scouts, and I know all that they support.
LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Catholic church in TX dropped all association with girl scouts bc of their pp ties and that happy healthy and hot pamphlet. American heritage girls are the new troupes to support with Christian values. I don't do cookies from girl scouts

did you see the article employee quits bc not allowed to wear pro life tee during her off duty hours at the office after hours no kids in sight.
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Catholic church in TX dropped all association with girl scouts bc of their pp ties and that happy healthy and hot pamphlet. American heritage girls are the new troupes to support with Christian values. I don't do cookies from girl scouts

did you see the article employee quits bc not allowed to wear pro life tee during her off duty hours at the office after hours no kids in sight.

I did not see that article!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN