Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me/divorce

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:09 PM
  • 30 Replies
i am getting a divorce after 13 years of being with my husband. I have been trying to deal with it as best i can and without my wonderful children i would be in worse shape. I am glad my kids agree that enough was enough and that they are here for me but even though i made the choice that im done trying to fix or save our marriage it hurts so bad. How do i deal with this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:16 PM

)))))Hugs(((((

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Quoting NWP:

)))))Hugs(((((

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I have no advice...
Hugs.

:-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:22 PM

hugs

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I don't have any advice, but as a child of divorce, know that this is hard. Do you have a support system? Someone to lean on? I hate to sound like dear abby, but maybe a counselor? It can be very helpful in times like this.

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Do you have other family members live near by? It helps to vent to them.

Also maybe you can get into some different type of activity, something you never done? Like art class. Or join divorce-support group.

Or how about talking to counselor?

Or how about pampering your self a little bit? Like go to shopping, go out with GFs, trip to spa?

Definitely get vacation, when court proceeding finished.

Divorce can be very positive event. Yes, really, I am serious. It could be fresh start to something new and exciting.

jlo1313
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

First, I am sorry.  Been there.  Second, you are not alone in this and there are wonderful and supportive groups on this site that can offer you anonymous support and full rights to vent and be heard.  

Stay active, take care of yourself, find friends that are happy people and confident people who have struggled and can offer a support. Be careful of saying negative things ever to anyone.  There are few people in the world you can truly trust not to spill the beans about your true feelings of anger and frustration. And remember, that your kids are part of each of you and they deserve to only see the best of both of you (even if they haven't always, today is a new day)

And this isn't the end....its just the beginning of a fresh, new and exciting adventure in life.  Things don't always pan out as we dream them to be, but sometimes the twist in the road is the beginning of the best part.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM

just takes time like any other pain. Hugs!

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:42 PM

hugs

Momniscient
by Obama licker on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM
2 moms liked this

One moment at a time.

If you have decided that you can't do it anymore, you've taken the first step. Time is your friend.

Don't be hard on yourself, don't second guess yourself and FOCUS on yourself.

You will be okay. It will take time, but you will be okay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)