Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

My sister wrote this about Gun Control

Posted by   + Show Post

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess and carry firearms.

If at any given point in history we lose our RIGHT our FREEDOM to keep and bear arms. We COMPLETELY lose our ability to fight against tyranny. IT DOESN'T MATTER who the PRESIDENT is... Whether it is President Obama, or any future leader/government of our country. We have no means to defend ourselves. American is not immune to tyranny. We have become an ignorant country believing whatever is fed to us through the screen. 

Read a biography on George Washington. Read about John Adams. Read about Abraham Lincoln. Freedom is worth a Facebook Post. Freedom is worth a fight! If you do not stand up and fight your children and grandchildren may live in a country where they are starved and enslaved. That is the reality and the TRUTH! 

The 2nd Amendment is not about shooting a deer! It is about FREEDOM to protect yourself from a GOVERNMENT who wants to CONTROL you! - 1st paragraph is from Wikipedia, the rest is by Donna Dalrymple. 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Like abortion?
Quoting 1REALQT:

What people fail to realize is when things start being "banned" it means we are only that much closer to becoming a dictatorship rather than a democracy. People must understand what a "ban" means in any situation, not just regarding guns.

Naughty Wittle Puppy

1REALQT
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I'm certain that is just one of many.. Can you think of some others?
Quoting NWP:

Like abortion?
Quoting 1REALQT:

What people fail to realize is when things start being "banned" it means we are only that much closer to becoming a dictatorship rather than a democracy. People must understand what a "ban" means in any situation, not just regarding guns.

LuvmyAiden
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I just want to throw out there that if a press conference were scheduled to tell some truth about guns and gun laws so people were truly educated and not lied to by thier govt and the media there would be lots of outrage. If people actually looked up proposed legistlation they would see the issues many of us are having. IF TRUTH and honest education were put forth the people at large would understand the basis for so many screaming about this. If folks would read this letter and actually do some research there would be enough educated minds to engage in a conversation about the subject.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Abortion is still legal.

It is also still legal to own a gun.

Quoting 1REALQT:

I'm certain that is just one of many.. Can you think of some others?
Quoting NWP:

Like abortion?
Quoting 1REALQT:

Naughty Wittle Puppy

paperorplastic
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Eloquently said.  I conquer 100% with these sentiments.

Aivlys_
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I agree with your sister! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KTU
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I agree with your sister!

Jeanetts
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Some of you are missing the point. This is about the gov't taking away our freedoms and rights. We are losing one right at a time. Some day we may not have the tools to fight back against a gov't that has become a dictatorship.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I don't know what good posting about it on Facebook will do.

But this is absolutely correct, and those who know anything about history know it.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Quoting 1REALQT:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)