Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sister wrote this about Gun Control

Posted by   + Show Post

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess and carry firearms.

If at any given point in history we lose our RIGHT our FREEDOM to keep and bear arms. We COMPLETELY lose our ability to fight against tyranny. IT DOESN'T MATTER who the PRESIDENT is... Whether it is President Obama, or any future leader/government of our country. We have no means to defend ourselves. American is not immune to tyranny. We have become an ignorant country believing whatever is fed to us through the screen. 

Read a biography on George Washington. Read about John Adams. Read about Abraham Lincoln. Freedom is worth a Facebook Post. Freedom is worth a fight! If you do not stand up and fight your children and grandchildren may live in a country where they are starved and enslaved. That is the reality and the TRUTH! 

The 2nd Amendment is not about shooting a deer! It is about FREEDOM to protect yourself from a GOVERNMENT who wants to CONTROL you! - 1st paragraph is from Wikipedia, the rest is by Donna Dalrymple. 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Replies (21-30):
ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Yeah, and in 1791 the most powerful weapon you could carry was some sort of rifle or pistol.  That shot one bullet/shell at at time.  I'm not sure our forefathers had assault weapons in mind.  Time for an update.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Isn't it great that we can all have our own opinions?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Facebook is where she posted it originally. 

Quoting TranquilMind:

I don't know what good posting about it on Facebook will do.

But this is absolutely correct, and those who know anything about history know it.

sherry132
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM

She says nothing about assault weapons. She is talking only about our fundamental right to own a weapon. She is talking about the threat of taking all guns away, not just the ones that are considered assault or the ones that shoot five hundred rounds a second. 

Quoting ILive4This:

Yeah, and in 1791 the most powerful weapon you could carry was some sort of rifle or pistol.  That shot one bullet/shell at at time.  I'm not sure our forefathers had assault weapons in mind.  Time for an update.

ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I read it.  And my point stands.  Our forefathers knew what their reality was at the time.  Guns that shot one bullet/shell at a time. The bill seems antiquated, and in need of some definition, b/c this shit is out of hand.  That's what this is all about. Nobody is taking away the precious guns.  That fundamental right is still there. 

Quoting sherry132:

She says nothing about assault weapons. She is talking only about our fundamental right to own a weapon. She is talking about the threat of taking all guns away, not just the ones that are considered assault or the ones that shoot five hundred rounds a second. 

Quoting ILive4This:

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I think I would like your sister.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM

And at that time, that was all the government had.

Quoting ILive4This:

I read it.  And my point stands.  Our forefathers knew what their reality was at the time.  Guns that shot one bullet/shell at a time. The bill seems antiquated, and in need of some definition, b/c this shit is out of hand.  That's what this is all about. Nobody is taking away the precious guns.  That fundamental right is still there. 

Quoting sherry132:

Quoting ILive4This:

singlemom1208
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM
This goes over a lot of people's heads.

Quoting 1REALQT:

What people fail to realize is when things start being "banned" it means we are only that much closer to becoming a dictatorship rather than a democracy. People must understand what a "ban" means in any situation, not just regarding guns.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GLWerth
by Gina on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM
2 moms liked this

No one is trying to ban all guns.

But, you know that part about a well-regulated militia? I think that means that regulations are supposed to be there. And they should be there\.

I know, you gun nuts want a free-for-all with rocket launchers and grenades and suitcase nukes, because, hell, those are "armaments" and thus totally your right to have, right?

I'm so tired of this...is it abortion week yet?

ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Kinda paranoid, no?  I'm gonna go with the "greater good" theory.  If we can take some of these weapons out of the hands of the "bad guys" (I know nothing is 100%, but even if is slows them down a bit, that's good), and deal with the big, bad govt, with regular guns, if it ever comes to that.

Quoting Carpy:

And at that time, that was all the government had.

Quoting ILive4This:

Quoting sherry132:

Quoting ILive4This:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured