Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

My sister wrote this about Gun Control

Posted by   + Show Post

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess and carry firearms.

If at any given point in history we lose our RIGHT our FREEDOM to keep and bear arms. We COMPLETELY lose our ability to fight against tyranny. IT DOESN'T MATTER who the PRESIDENT is... Whether it is President Obama, or any future leader/government of our country. We have no means to defend ourselves. American is not immune to tyranny. We have become an ignorant country believing whatever is fed to us through the screen. 

Read a biography on George Washington. Read about John Adams. Read about Abraham Lincoln. Freedom is worth a Facebook Post. Freedom is worth a fight! If you do not stand up and fight your children and grandchildren may live in a country where they are starved and enslaved. That is the reality and the TRUTH! 

The 2nd Amendment is not about shooting a deer! It is about FREEDOM to protect yourself from a GOVERNMENT who wants to CONTROL you! - 1st paragraph is from Wikipedia, the rest is by Donna Dalrymple. 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

No shit.  I can't imagine living like that.  With that level of paranoia.  How do  you ever enjoy your life...hell, how do enjoy a day???  I enjoy all of mine.

Quoting GLWerth:

No one is trying to ban all guns.

But, you know that part about a well-regulated militia? I think that means that regulations are supposed to be there. And they should be there\.

I know, you gun nuts want a free-for-all with rocket launchers and grenades and suitcase nukes, because, hell, those are "armaments" and thus totally your right to have, right?

I'm so tired of this...is it abortion week yet?

Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting ILive4This:

Yeah, and in 1791 the most powerful weapon you could carry was some sort of rifle or pistol.  That shot one bullet/shell at at time.  I'm not sure our forefathers had assault weapons in mind.  Time for an update.

define assault weapon.
Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Quoting GLWerth:

But, you know that part about a well-regulated militia? I think that means that regulations are supposed to be there. And they should be there\.

I know, you gun nuts want a free-for-all with rocket launchers and grenades and suitcase nukes, because, hell, those are "armaments" and thus totally your right to have, right?

Dramatic much?
Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Quoting ILive4This:

Define "regular gun".
Gwynyth
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:01 PM

It doesn't mean that Assualt Weapons are necessary

Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Quoting Gwynyth:

Again. Define assault weapon.
Gwynyth
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:04 PM

YES!!!

Quoting GLWerth:

Gwynyth
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Semi-automatics/ Automatics.

Quoting Whaaaaaa....O.o:

Quoting Gwynyth:

Again. Define assault weapon.

Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Quoting Gwynyth:

To do realize the vast majority of handguns are semi-automatic. Right?
ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM

A semi-automatic weapon, whether it be a rifle or a shotgun or even a pistol.  One that has a magazine that holds ten-ish rounds.

Quoting Whaaaaaa....O.o:

Quoting ILive4This:

Yeah, and in 1791 the most powerful weapon you could carry was some sort of rifle or pistol.  That shot one bullet/shell at at time.  I'm not sure our forefathers had assault weapons in mind.  Time for an update.

define assault weapon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN