Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

My sister wrote this about Gun Control

Posted by   + Show Post

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess and carry firearms.

If at any given point in history we lose our RIGHT our FREEDOM to keep and bear arms. We COMPLETELY lose our ability to fight against tyranny. IT DOESN'T MATTER who the PRESIDENT is... Whether it is President Obama, or any future leader/government of our country. We have no means to defend ourselves. American is not immune to tyranny. We have become an ignorant country believing whatever is fed to us through the screen. 

Read a biography on George Washington. Read about John Adams. Read about Abraham Lincoln. Freedom is worth a Facebook Post. Freedom is worth a fight! If you do not stand up and fight your children and grandchildren may live in a country where they are starved and enslaved. That is the reality and the TRUTH! 

The 2nd Amendment is not about shooting a deer! It is about FREEDOM to protect yourself from a GOVERNMENT who wants to CONTROL you! - 1st paragraph is from Wikipedia, the rest is by Donna Dalrymple. 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Replies (41-50):
Gwynyth
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Yes, I do.

Quoting Whaaaaaa....O.o:

Quoting Gwynyth:

To do realize the vast majority of handguns are semi-automatic. Right?

Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Quoting Gwynyth:

So you basically want the citizens to be unarmed? (Cause most hunting rifles are also semi. And in essence so are revolvers.)
greenie63
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM
3 moms liked this

From now on this will be my standard response to any post claiming gun rights are being taken away: 

AdellesMom
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM
So, difference of opinion = lack of education in your mind?

That's not the way the world works.

Quoting Farmlady09:

It's a shame that more people aren't as well educated as your sister.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting greenie63:

From now on this will be my standard response to any post claiming gun rights are being taken away: 

Anything used to assault someone is an assault weapon. Ergo, every weapon in our safe is NOT an assault weapon since they have not been used to assault anyone.
Gwynyth
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I just dont see how the abundance of guns has done anyone any good at all. People ( I'm not talking criminals or gangs) innocent people are killed so often through gun violence. If guns are such great self defense, then why don't more people get the chance to defend themselves? Have you bothered to look at the statistics??? Look at the stats from some of the other countries that have gun control legislation...far fewer gun related deaths.

Gwynyth
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:23 PM

And since you asked...I always go around unarmed. I don't feel safe if I think someone around me has a gun. Of course, I don't think my friends and neighbors are about to commit some sort of vile crime either. 

Quoting Whaaaaaa....O.o:

Quoting Gwynyth:

So you basically want the citizens to be unarmed? (Cause most hunting rifles are also semi. And in essence so are revolvers.)

ashellbell
by shellbark on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I didn't realize they were trying to ban all guns.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

It is for them.   Their way is the only way.  No wonder they think they need a cache of weapons.  

Quoting AdellesMom:

So, difference of opinion = lack of education in your mind?

That's not the way the world works.

Quoting Farmlady09:

It's a shame that more people aren't as well educated as your sister.

ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:27 PM

lol...you know, knee jerky.

Quoting ashellbell:

I didn't realize they were trying to ban all guns.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN