Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Current Events & Hot Topics! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Current Events & Hot Topics group!

Current Events & Hot Topics is the place to discuss current events and debate everything from vaccinations to religion and other hot topics! :)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice daySteph

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Replies (51-60):
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Welcome to the group, Terri! Congratulations on the grandbaby to come. :)

I think you'll also like these groups, too:

Join us on the News & Politics group!

Quoting T45:

Hi my name is Terri, I am the mom to two grown daughters and grandma to a little girl who will be making her apperance in July.  I live in NY, am a news junkie and love learning about new things and meeting new people.  I look forward to making some new friends on here.

figmentliz
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Hello, my name is Liz and I live in NJ.  I currently have no kids but I am working on adopting after many years of unsuccessful fertility treatments.  If anyone has adopted, I am on to hearing any advice you may have.

Cafe MichelleP
by Group Admin on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Welcome to the group.

We do have an Adoptive Moms group that may help you out.

Quoting figmentliz:

Hello, my name is Liz and I live in NJ.  I currently have no kids but I am working on adopting after many years of unsuccessful fertility treatments.  If anyone has adopted, I am on to hearing any advice you may have.

katie2199
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM
4 moms liked this

Hello my name is Katie I'm 20 year's old and I have a very loving husband and 2 very loving kid's. I'm not very good at cooking but everything else I try my best to do at my advantage.. I love listing to music and haning out with  my family and other thing's like that.. Welp thats me,,

workathomemom6
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi everyone, I am Kellie. I am a mother of 2. New to the group. Looking forward to visiting and having some mom time, lol.

cafemom145
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi everyone, cafemom145 here.  I have three grown kids, my youngest is a junior in college out of state.  My middle kiddo lives on the complete opposite side of the country and we hardly ever get to see him. My oldest lives two streets away from me in the same plan.  I get to see my granddaughter everyday and treasure that as I hardly ever get to see my grandson who lives with his mom on the complete opposite side of the state.  I babysit kids in my home and I do my searching online through a points reward site that I love.  It gives me that little extra to save up for my Christmas shopping.  It has been so cold and gloomy here this entire winter and spring that cabin fever is setting in.  Decided to help my daughter with her research project so I am looking for moms with young kids to take a short survey for her about nail clippers for kids.  So if you have young kids, please take a moment to help her out.  https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5py28LqYf7BgNUh  thats the direct link to the survey.  As for the rest of my time I have today off!!  So excited to be in a hurry to do NOTHING!  Well I am trying to get back into an excersise routine.  I lost over 60 lbs and have another 60 to go.  Here for support!  Anyone walk everyday?  do you do an excersise program?  I don't have time or money for a gym membership but think I would love one if it were next door.  I walk or try to walk weather permitting 2.5 miles a day.  I really need summer.  Looking forward to reading about others here too.  Hope I can offer some advise, and pick some up for myself too.  oh, feel free to share that link with anyone you know with young kids.  My daughter will be so excited if I could get her so much help on her marketing project.  thanks, glad to meet you all!

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Quoting katie2199:

Hello my name is Katie I'm 20 year's old and I have a very loving husband and 2 very loving kid's. I'm not very good at cooking but everything else I try my best to do at my advantage.. I love listing to music and haning out with  my family and other thing's like that.. Welp thats me,,

Welcome!  I'm Rene, I am mom to 3 and grandma to 5. 

Cooking can be one of those things it takes a while to perfect, practice makes perfect :)

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Quoting cafemom145:

Hi everyone, cafemom145 here.  I have three grown kids, my youngest is a junior in college out of state.  My middle kiddo lives on the complete opposite side of the country and we hardly ever get to see him. My oldest lives two streets away from me in the same plan.  I get to see my granddaughter everyday and treasure that as I hardly ever get to see my grandson who lives with his mom on the complete opposite side of the state.  I babysit kids in my home and I do my searching online through a points reward site that I love.  It gives me that little extra to save up for my Christmas shopping.  It has been so cold and gloomy here this entire winter and spring that cabin fever is setting in.  Decided to help my daughter with her research project so I am looking for moms with young kids to take a short survey for her about nail clippers for kids.  So if you have young kids, please take a moment to help her out.  https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5py28LqYf7BgNUh  thats the direct link to the survey.  As for the rest of my time I have today off!!  So excited to be in a hurry to do NOTHING!  Well I am trying to get back into an excersise routine.  I lost over 60 lbs and have another 60 to go.  Here for support!  Anyone walk everyday?  do you do an excersise program?  I don't have time or money for a gym membership but think I would love one if it were next door.  I walk or try to walk weather permitting 2.5 miles a day.  I really need summer.  Looking forward to reading about others here too.  Hope I can offer some advise, and pick some up for myself too.  oh, feel free to share that link with anyone you know with young kids.  My daughter will be so excited if I could get her so much help on her marketing project.  thanks, glad to meet you all!

Welcome to the group! I hope you get some help for her :)

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Cassidy_D
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello everyone! I'm Cassidy. My husband and I have a 6 month old son. I joined this group because I enjoy a good conversation and hearing others opinions and such. I don't get much conversation being a sahm :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Welcome to the group, Cassidy!

You might also enjoy this one:

Join us on the News & Politics group!

Quoting Cassidy_D:

Hello everyone! I'm Cassidy. My husband and I have a 6 month old son. I joined this group because I enjoy a good conversation and hearing others opinions and such. I don't get much conversation being a sahm :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured