Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The End is near........

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

I knew I could not just go on forever. There is always an ending. And now, the end is about to arrive.

The final installment of the Sookie Stackhouse Series. I had a feeling she was going to end at book #13. Sadly, the series has gotten very predictable and I think Harris should have stopped around book #6 or so- as all good things must take a turn- even the sex scenes became predictable and lessened over time.

Anyone else read the series?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM

She had always intended it to be 13 books or at least that is my understanding. Little known fact but sex scenes in books ....well lets just say you have a template and ad lib.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM
The most recent one is still sitting on my shelf. I have gotten around to reading it yet. The last two ive read were kind of, "eh" -just not as exciting of a story as in the beginning. I do want to know how it all ends though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I've read two or three of the books. My library was always out, or only had the ones I've already read. I only hear bad things about the later books though. It kinda sucks :/

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Yes, I've read them and yes I'm ready for a conclusion.  

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

She has books that are kind of like filler books where I can tell she was writing to produce but not really inspired. 

Quoting caito:

I've read two or three of the books. My library was always out, or only had the ones I've already read. I only hear bad things about the later books though. It kinda sucks :/

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM

ah- but those early books were awesome. She is the first I know who wrote about vampire sex!

Quoting stormcris:

She had always intended it to be 13 books or at least that is my understanding. Little known fact but sex scenes in books ....well lets just say you have a template and ad lib.

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:20 PM

You should check out some of the other authors of vampire romance, they are terrific :) 

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

ah- but those early books were awesome. She is the first I know who wrote about vampire sex!

Quoting stormcris:

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I tried, but her writing reminded me too much of Twilight. Poor and very simple. It left me bored. 

Though, I do like the way she portrayed the vampires.. as actual vampires. 

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:29 PM

could you provide some examples? I would love to learn about other authors! Right now I am in between books and searching for another good read.

Quoting stormcris:

You should check out some of the other authors of vampire romance, they are terrific :) 

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting stormcris:

Liz_Rocket
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I loved HBO's True Blood and bought the first couple books after I watched the first season. I REALLY REALLY wanted to like them, but they were so badly written. I just couldn't do it. Somebody grant me a spoiler, though - who does Sookie wind up with at the end of the series?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)