Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

'Compassionate, gifted' Connecticut priest busted in cross-country meth ring

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 5 Replies

Monsignor Kevin Wallin, a former pastor of St. Augustine Parish in Bridgeport, Conn., has been charged as part of a five-man meth ring the feds busted up earlier this month. Wallin, 61, resigned from his post as pastor in 2011, citing health and personal issues.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/priest-charged-meth-ring-article-1.1241748#ixzz2IFcGbVKB

I wonder how many thought they could recognize a drug dealer before reading this.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Nobody is immune from getting caught up in illegal activities. Wow.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM

o.O damn

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Very true

Quoting EireLass:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Makes me think of how we all think of the Amish communities. We have a small community here, but where I used to live we had a large community of Mennonites (smaller spin off of Amish). The notable difference with them is they do drive vehicles (but they can't have any chrome on them), and they have electricity, telephones. But they dress the same, school the same, very tight communtity. One is a convicted sex offender. I guess crap hits every community.

Quoting stormcris:

Very true

Quoting EireLass:

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM

It really does but conversely those that a person think might be a drug dealer or whatever other criminal they choose just might be the one out there saving someones life.

Quoting EireLass:

Makes me think of how we all think of the Amish communities. We have a small community here, but where I used to live we had a large community of Mennonites (smaller spin off of Amish). The notable difference with them is they do drive vehicles (but they can't have any chrome on them), and they have electricity, telephones. But they dress the same, school the same, very tight communtity. One is a convicted sex offender. I guess crap hits every community.

Quoting stormcris:

Very true

Quoting EireLass:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN