Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Contact info for your Congresspersons!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

Contact your Senator and Reps, today, to let them know that we need to enforce the laws already on the books! If gun control worked, then Chicago, Washington DC, New York and California would be the safest places in the country, yet time and again, they are on the top of the list for the most crime. Don't let your city or state suffer the same fate! Think of the repercussions for your government or your employer having your medical records! There are far-reaching effects from these 23 points. 

What if you have a child on meds for ADHD. Keep in mind, ladies these kids are going to grow up and not have the same impulse control problems they have at this moment, as many learn to control the behaviors and learn to focus or were given meds when they were not needed. but they won't be able to own a gun. Or even get a job or join the military or get into college, because their background check labeled them as having an "undesirable trait" or "impulse control problems" or "inability to focus" or any such reason. What if, the government decides that eugenics is the way to go and uses these background checks and medical information to "improve the gene pool". We are already practicing eugenics in other ways, through prenatal testing, so is it really so far fetched? Our country has practiced eugenics before, by "less desirable" people in homes and institutions. Our country created interment camps and relocated legal and lawful CITIZENS to live in those camps, solely for their ancestry. This has far reaching effects. Remember. Absolute power, corrupts absolutely.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Read the 23 points HERE!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Op, I just read the 23 points again. Where does it say in those points that those prescribed ADHD meds would not have access to guns?

Bethsunshine
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I emailed my Congressman last week about the gun control issue and I plan on doing it again. More people need to speak up instead of just arguing with strangers on the internet.
louzannalady
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM

The point is that it is too vague. It opens the floodgates for abuse. Any label could be placed on any mental condition, person suffering from situational anxiety at one point in their life, or even had depression after the loss of a child or anything. Where is the line drawn? Does the government really need this information? How does it keep us safe? How would ANY of these points prevented Sandy Hook? 

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Op, I just read the 23 points again. Where does it say in those points that those prescribed ADHD meds would not have access to guns?

louzannalady
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Rock on! : ) 

Quoting Bethsunshine:

I emailed my Congressman last week about the gun control issue and I plan on doing it again. More people need to speak up instead of just arguing with strangers on the internet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)