Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone hear about this ?

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:32 PM
  • 15 Replies

http://americansstandwithisrael.blogspot.com/2013/01/democrats-introduce-bill-0-obama-third.html

SUNDAY, JANUARY 6, 2013

Democrats Introduce Bill - Obama a Third Term

Sponsor: Rep. Serrano, Jose E. [D-NY-15] (Introduced 01/04/2013)
DEMOCRATS INTRODUCE BILL ‘HJ RES 15’ TO ALLOW OBAMA A THIRD TERM
http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-joint-resolution/15/text

H.J.Res.15 - Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.113th Congress (2013-2014)

[Congressional Bills 113th Congress]
[From the U.S. Government Printing Office]
[H.J. Res. 15 Introduced in House (IH)]

113th CONGRESS
1st Session
H. J. RES. 15

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

January 4, 2013

Mr. Serrano introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

JOINT RESOLUTION

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:

``Article--

``The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.''.

Source - Congress.gov
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I have.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I have, it's not the first time it's been brought up and I'm sure it won't be the last.

tiesthatbind
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:36 PM

i didn't know anything about it ~ until a few mins ago

kidlover2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Whatever... it's only been law since the 40's. Not that long.... he'd still have to be voted in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Even if they remove the limit to the number of times someone can be voted in, he or she still has to be voted in. I think the lack of understanding this last bit is where some of the ridiculous comments are going to come from.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, I don't THINK so. 

But Americans have demonstrated that they are pretty gullible....

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

And people wonder why so many feel he is the Anti Christ. 

Even if you are not religious. Its a scary thought to have someone want to be in control long enough to gain world power. 

D.O.E.
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

i honestly think "voting" doesn't even mean anything anymore. sure, go out and "vote" but there is enough corruption and bullshit going on in that area that your vote probably doesnt really count for shit.

yes i do see this as a little bit disturbing.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Such legislation has been proposed 23 times in the last decade.

Rep Serrano has introduce this bill every 2 years since 1997, regardless of who was in office at the time.

To pass:

It would need to be ratified by both houses of Congress by a two thirds majority and then ratified by 3/4 of the state legislatures over a time period of 7 years.

Overall, even if it passed this minute, it wouldn't take effect in time for Obama to utilize it.

Nevertheless, it is a scary freaking prospect!  This is how so many other countries have ended up with dictatorships.  People need to be careful and pay attention.

mommaoftwo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Yep, it is not an Obama thing

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Such legislation has been proposed 23 times in the last decade.

Rep Serrano has introduce this bill every 2 years since 1997, regardless of who was in office at the time.

To pass:

It would need to be ratified by both houses of Congress by a two thirds majority and then ratified by 3/4 of the state legislatures over a time period of 7 years.

Overall, even if it passed this minute, it wouldn't take effect in time for Obama to utilize it.

Nevertheless, it is a scary freaking prospect!  This is how so many other countries have ended up with dictatorships.  People need to be careful and pay attention.

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11 Baby~ EDA 1/27/13

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured