Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

These are Executive orders 2-5.  I will insert what I assume each of them to mean. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background-check system. Basically, screw HIPAA. We demand information that was promised to be kept confidential.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background- check system. What are these incentives? Do states get more fed $ for releasing confidential info about their residents?

4. Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks. I take this to mean: Broaden the list of 'potentially dangerous illnesses' to include more people, since so many of us are on meds for one reason or another.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun. Meaning, if police seize a person's weapons and their reasons for doing so are proven to be unfounded, we will still make people jump thru red tape to get their weapons back.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Replies (11-13):
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I think you covered it pretty well.  I expect to see PTSD added to those things preventing you from owning a gun.  Homeland Security has already added our military members/retirees to their security threat list.

Agreed - it means whatever they want it to mean.

Homeland has indicated that Teaparty membership should also qualify, so ride it out, before long, a true Conservative will be President and the people who think this is okay, will go screaming into the night.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Its all in perception, because I see all of those mandates as attempts to keep guns out of the wrong hands, where as your responses sees all of them as negatives.

Quoting jehosoba84:

These are Executive orders 2-5.  I will insert what I assume each of them to mean. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background-check system. Basically, screw HIPAA. We demand information that was promised to be kept confidential.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background- check system. What are these incentives? Do states get more fed $ for releasing confidential info about their residents?

4. Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks. I take this to mean: Broaden the list of 'potentially dangerous illnesses' to include more people, since so many of us are on meds for one reason or another.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun. Meaning, if police seize a person's weapons and their reasons for doing so are proven to be unfounded, we will still make people jump thru red tape to get their weapons back.

momtimesx4
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I think you covered it pretty well.  I expect to see PTSD added to those things preventing you from owning a gun.  Homeland Security has already added our military members/retirees to their security threat list.

Agreed - it means whatever they want it to mean.

Homeland has indicated that Teaparty membership should also qualify, so ride it out, before long, a true Conservative will be President and the people who think this is okay, will go screaming into the night.

Post-partum depression?  Add it to the list.
Chantrix to stop smoking? Add it to the list.
Was called ADHD when growing up? Add it to the list.
Have someone in the family that was called ADHD? Add it to the list.
Sat next to someone that was called ADHD in school once? Add it to the list.
Weird off-shoot political movement? Add it to the list. 
Have more than X number of kids, what are you trying to start a cult? Add it to the list.
Not enough kids?  Add it to the list.
A homeschooler, was homeschooler, live near someone that homeschooled? Add it to the list.
Bought two 5 pound bags of rice and a jumbo pack of toilet paper, what are you a prepper? Add it to the list.
Speaking of prepper, got a membership to Costco? Add it to the list.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN