Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just a few circumstances where having LAW-ABIDING citizens with guns was good

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
WAKE UP! ...Did you know.....• A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck. • A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun. • A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard. • A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter. • A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened. • A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns. • A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun. • At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon. 2500 times last year alone legal gun owners stopped violent crime when confronted with it long before any police assistance .

this was passss on to.me by a friend, Im sorry Im mobile and can not look up for sources, as I cant if you can Ill be grateful and of course if you can disbunk any of these with a source feel free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
pamelax3
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM

thank you for the info

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamelax3
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM

bump

JazzyMommyx3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Well aware. I think it's great that so many people are able to use their personal weapons to defend themselves and to save lives. 

jillianmayasmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Was it an Israeli school in Israel or was it a Jewish school in the US?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JazzyMommyx3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Yikes Im not sure. When I get my laptop back today (it had to go to the drs poor thing lol) I will do some digging and try to find out and add links.

Quoting jillianmayasmom:

Was it an Israeli school in Israel or was it a Jewish school in the US?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured