Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Grrrrr grocery shopping (somewhat fluff...)

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband was pretty happy to leave Hawaii.. mainly because of prices and gas. I can't blame him. However, I went grocery shopping today and noticed... all of the stuff was either the same price or more expensive.

I bought the same amount of stuff as I did in Hawaii.. even some generic (even though Dh hates generic) and still ended up spending more. 

I thought mainland was supposed to be cheaper?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (41-41):
pamelax3
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I live in very small town! Our walmart is not even super sized lol! Iwish we had more to chose from! But the closes super walmart to us is 45 miles

Quoting candlegal:

REally because in San Antonio, HEB is cheaper than walmart.

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting krysstizzle:

I thought so, too :) but I've never been to Hawaii, much less grocery shopped there, so I have basis for comparison.

I do know that I can pay almost double for groceries depending where I shop. Albertson's is at least twice as much overall compared to Lowe's, and that's in the same town. It's ridiculous. 

I went to the HEB for some things... commissary for others. I am sitting there like O.O because in hawaii, it didn't hit us as bad, we had COLA benefits. Here, none of that and I am paying more... 

Depending what stores are in your area HEB is normally higher, if you get their meal deals and use coupons you can sometimes come out ahead. In my area we only have HEB and Walmart

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)