Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New year's resolutions. Are you sticking to any of them?

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
Debmomto2girls
by Debbie on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Good for you. I used to be a huge soda drinker.. 4-7 cans a day! I quit cold turkey 3 years ago and haven't looked back.

I try to revive old things I used to do and enjoyed. I'm trying scrap booking again this year

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I didn't make any...is it okay if I respond anyway?

I quit making them a few years ago.  Instead I use Lent to focus on something important.  Two years ago I gave up soda...I drank at least a can a day...I rarely drink a soda now.  Last year I gave up 2 hours a week of doing something/depended on the day that I found pleasurable but a waste of time and started walking instead.  I am still doing that.  I haven't decided what I am giving up this year yet...thinking about doing the pleasurable thing again..and adding another activity..this time involving my kids.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kam013
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Well, I made the usual "to lose weight" resolution, but I added the "exercise" addendum to it this year.  So far I have stuck to it and am down about 7 pounds.

I also made a resolution to use more coupons.  I have always just purchased what I wanted for groceries, with no thought to cost as long as my family was fed and had the foods they liked/wanted.  With the costs of food going up so much the last couple of years I have noticed my grocery bill go up and up, so I decided to make a concerted effort to use more coupons to help bring down the costs.  An extreme couponer I AM NOT, but so far so good, saved $22 on my last shopping trip.

I have others of a more personal/religious/spiritual nature that I am sticking with as well.  

Usually, I'm not great with resolutions, so I am pretty pleased so far this year.  

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Awesome!

Quoting kam013:

Well, I made the usual "to lose weight" resolution, but I added the "exercise" addendum to it this year.  So far I have stuck to it and am down about 7 pounds.

I also made a resolution to use more coupons.  I have always just purchased what I wanted for groceries, with no thought to cost as long as my family was fed and had the foods they liked/wanted.  With the costs of food going up so much the last couple of years I have noticed my grocery bill go up and up, so I decided to make a concerted effort to use more coupons to help bring down the costs.  An extreme couponer I AM NOT, but so far so good, saved $22 on my last shopping trip.

I have others of a more personal/religious/spiritual nature that I am sticking with as well.  

Usually, I'm not great with resolutions, so I am pretty pleased so far this year.  

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
i.m.r.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Kind of. I'm trying to be a positive influence in peoples' lives now instead of negative. Work has become an overwhelming hotspot for gossip and negativity. Over the past few months it got to a boiling point where I would much rather quit and work somewhere else. Instead, I have decided to not participate and just do my job and do it well. So far it's going great and the fires seem to be dying out, at least around me. I save the venting for home now. It's hard because everyone at work is really close and friends outside of work, but I think it's time to separate that again a bit, and hopefully put some more positive energy into the atmosphere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I am working on it! full time college, I feel like im running out of time! I also quit smoking for the 100th time is seems like, but this time I am not going back to it.
MusicCandy60
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't make any, but I have decided I will laugh more often, worry less and be thankful even more for all blessings and also to be a more encouraging and supportive type of person, with my words written and spoken.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Keep going to boot camp 4 days a week...and yes, I am keeping it. So far, been keeping it for a year and a half. I didn't add dieting because I know I would fail.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Have you tried hypnosis? I only know two folks who did, but they both stopped smoking and haven't returned to the habit and it has been over a decade since the treatments.

Quoting Healthystart30:

I am working on it! full time college, I feel like im running out of time! I also quit smoking for the 100th time is seems like, but this time I am not going back to it.

Naughty Wittle Puppy

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Quoting NWP:

no, I always manage to quit on my own, but end up social smoking! I might tell my friends to try that so they will stop smoking ha :)
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:17 AM

I didn't make any.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured