Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I have 3 boys of my own. Currently, I have a totally of 7 boys playing in the backyard. They are a collection of my own children, school friends, and neighborhood buddies. I am sitting here on my couch watching them. I am convinced that little boys are not very self preserving when it comes to their choices. Anyone else wonder how the male species survives childhood? Good grief.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I dont know .. My younger girl asked me if she put a hard stick of butter in a sock would it hurt her sister if she hit her with it? Or the time she peed in my phone because she wanted to see what would happen.

Quoting nuclear_sugar:

I have 3 boys of my own, and I wonder that daily....lol

I also marvel at the things I have to explain to them...for example, "No, it is not acceptable to tie sunglasses to your penis as a 'decoration.'" Or, "No, you can't pee on the field in the middle of your soccer game." Or, "No, you cannot build a fort on top of the fridge/roof/cat/Christmas tree."

You just don't have to explain such things to little GIRLS...do you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM
3 moms liked this

LOL.  Matt went on a call once where a little boy of about 8 or 9 was under a blanket.  Mind you the firemen had no clue why they were responding to this house, the dispatcher couldn't seem to bring herself to type out the reason other than it was for a young boy.  So the firemen show up to find one room of women talking and the young boy under a blanket.  Attached to his penis were to magnets!  The firemen couldn't get the magnets off, they had to take him to the hospital.  I asked Matt if he asked the boy what possessed him to put magnets there.  LOL Matt didn't ask the question.  

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I bet he didn't ask 'cause he KNEW there was no way the kid could possibly explain it!

Quoting Peanutx3:

LOL.  Matt went on a call once where a little boy of about 8 or 9 was under a blanket.  Mind you the firemen had no clue why they were responding to this house, the dispatcher couldn't seem to bring herself to type out the reason other than it was for a young boy.  So the firemen show up to find one room of women talking and the young boy under a blanket.  Attached to his penis were to magnets!  The firemen couldn't get the magnets off, they had to take him to the hospital.  I asked Matt if he asked the boy what possessed him to put magnets there.  LOL Matt didn't ask the question.  

Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:27 PM

This is not a fluff post.  This is one of the greatest mysteries of our age.

My brother is STILL mad at me for calling Mom at work back in 1986 because he and a friend were lighting model planes on fire and launching them out the second floor window (age 11).  And I'm still pissed at him for the time he said he was going to wash my car and ended up crashing it into the house (age 14). 

GLWerth
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM

We had to take my middle boy to the ER for magnets stuck to his penis. He had taken two strong magnets and put them on either side and smooshed it.

We've also had to cut his penis out of the mesh of his swimsuit liner.

He's also the one who discovered why you shouldn't ride a tricycle down stairs.

Quoting Peanutx3:

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM

That's important information. :D

Quoting GLWerth:

We had to take my middle boy to the ER for magnets stuck to his penis. He had taken two strong magnets and put them on either side and smooshed it.

We've also had to cut his penis out of the mesh of his swimsuit liner.

He's also the one who discovered why you shouldn't ride a tricycle down stairs.

Quoting Peanutx3:

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM
2 moms liked this
This post is seriously cracking me up! I have not laughed like this in a really long time!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:50 PM

lol, I have girls and they are plenty active and rambunctious.  But when I watch my nephew he takes it to a whole 'nother level.  He will set up booby traps, jump down from high places, take chances that my girls would never take.  I'm always amazed.  He once tried to jump from the roof of my garage down into the snow.  Luckily I stopped him before he actually got up there.  He was 5 at the time.  

rfurlongg
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Last year I kept smelling this foul older in my oldest son's room. I kept searching and searching and eventually resigned to the notion that boys smell. Well, Dh did not buy it so pulled the bunkbed out from the against the wall to find several streams of dried pee and grossly crusted base room and ruined carpets. Apparently when he had to pee in the middle of the night, he simply peed on the wall. The wall! Gross.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3B
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 3 sons, and I have absolutely not idea how men rule the universe. Scratch, they rule it by brute force, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)