Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I have 3 boys of my own. Currently, I have a totally of 7 boys playing in the backyard. They are a collection of my own children, school friends, and neighborhood buddies. I am sitting here on my couch watching them. I am convinced that little boys are not very self preserving when it comes to their choices. Anyone else wonder how the male species survives childhood? Good grief.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Replies (31-40):
Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

My guess...Sometimes they don't even ask themselves if it's okay.  They just leave the whole cause & effect portion of the brains in the OFF position. Other times, they do it BECAUSE it's not okay.

Quoting rfurlongg:

What possess them to think that is ok?! When my brother was in grade school, he went to the teachers bathroom peed into all the soap dispensers so the teachers washed their hands with my brothers pee for a period of time. He told us during he graduation dinner many yrs later.

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting rfurlongg:

Last year I kept smelling this foul older in my oldest son's room. I kept searching and searching and eventually resigned to the notion that boys smell. Well, Dh did not buy it so pulled the bunkbed out from the against the wall to find several streams of dried pee and grossly crusted base room and ruined carpets. Apparently when he had to pee in the middle of the night, he simply peed on the wall. The wall! Gross.

Oh Lord...  My parents thought it was the cat that was making my brother's room smell like that.  My dad actually got so mad, he loaded the cat up in the car for a ride to the vet; he was going to have her put down.  Luckily, the cat was a witch and the car wouldn't start.  Before hundreds of dollars in auto repairs were finished, they discovered it was my brother.  Ugh!

rfurlongg
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM
My sister has all girls. I remember when my second son was born and I was a having a hard time entertaining my oldest while nursing the baby. My sister suggested a "quite basket" with playdoh, colors. Lol! Who can get a 20mo boy to sit quietly and draw for 20min?! Her oldest is now 13 and my oh my... It is a tough go...

Quoting NWP:

This post is hilarious!

I have always heard that you pay for boys up front, and for girls later.

I have two girls. I am on the no-money down, balloon payment plan...with my 4yo, I can already see it coming.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I have 3 boys as well, and I wonder that same thing, very often.

krysstizzle
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Oh, boys...

The filthiest creatures on the planet. 

My 11yo strips down to undies as soon as he walks in the door, and lately his favorite pair are boxer-types with a huuuuge rip from waistband down towards the front of the crotch. He keeps putting them back on after he gets out of the shower if I don't grab them first. No joke, I've thrown those damn things away 3 times. The last time, I took them outside to the garbage can after realizing that he would sneak into the kitchen and dig them out of the house trash. And what did I happen to find a day or two after I threw them out? Those same dame underwear in the clothes hamper covered in filth! Arghh!

Farting and mooning don't even come close to phasing me anymore. 

momma4AJ
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

i only have one boy.. and he's 3.... oh the joy's i get to look forward to, lol

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I caught my 5yr old walking down the hall pinching his nipples and all he said as he walked by was "hi mom" WTF. Now he does it randomly.

I've had to stop the boys from poking the cat in the butt, as in the hole not just the side of her butt *sigh* i swear they're obsessed with butts.

My 4yr old has to put everything new through the "hit" test, or as it's better known, the "destruction" test. If it doesn't break in the first few days he has it it's a keeper LOL. He literally destroyed a toy known as an "unbreakable" toy within 5 minutes *only my son*...

I've caught both boys smashing their junk all around like it's playdough, it hurts just to watch but they insist it doesn't hurt and go on doing it. *sadly i've recently discovered they learned this fun fact from daddy, ugh men*  I swear it's a males favorite form of silly putty to play with all day if they could, just so gross.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Minus the whole penis craze they have, I have to explain a lot of things to my 5 year old daughter.

*Quit pinching your breasts so hard, geeze*

*For the 5th time, no, you cannot wash the dogs penis, butt, or scrotum. Besides, the poor guy doesn't have scrotum anymore*.

*I'm glad you have finally realized where your poop exits your body, but I really do NOT need to see it*.

I could go on but I'm afraid I would have nightmares.

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Boys have cooties.

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

"What were you thinking?" comes out of my mouth so many times a day, everyday. Sometime I am not looking at my two sons, I am looking at dh! That is what scares me. It's not like it EVER ends. It just becomes somebody elses daily concern.

FrogSalad
by Sooze on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Do they watch iCarly?  Sounds like the infamous butter sock that Sam threatens to hit people with.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I dont know .. My younger girl asked me if she put a hard stick of butter in a sock would it hurt her sister if she hit her with it? Or the time she peed in my phone because she wanted to see what would happen.

Quoting nuclear_sugar:

I have 3 boys of my own, and I wonder that daily....lol

I also marvel at the things I have to explain to them...for example, "No, it is not acceptable to tie sunglasses to your penis as a 'decoration.'" Or, "No, you can't pee on the field in the middle of your soccer game." Or, "No, you cannot build a fort on top of the fridge/roof/cat/Christmas tree."

You just don't have to explain such things to little GIRLS...do you?

Atheist Mama?  Join us!

How paramount the future is to the present when one is surrounded by children.  Charles Darwin

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I just want to know what it is about their dang feet. They didn't smell like that when they were new! What the hell happened? They are NOT allowed to take their shoes off in my car, ever!! The stench makes me gag! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN